Wednesday, 21 June 2017

WOYWW 420 - French Bulldogs, Dragonfly & More

I made it!  Our internet was not working from yesterday evening and it required a phone call from me to the company that provide our community wifi system (we cannot get 'normal' broadband due to our rural location) to get the engineers to 'look at it'.  It took them nearly 2 hours, but now we are connected again.

Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not manage to visit this week - and get on over to Julia's Stamping Ground for the linky thing.

I have spent the morning getting various little jobs done - old coffee machine cleaned and stored away (I would rather chuck it out, but hubby insists it might be needed one day!), nails varnished and grass cut.  Inbetween these bursts of activity, I mainly constantly checked the internet to see if it was working!  I had plenty of non-computer stuff to do, but this warmer weather has just meant that I have even less inclination to get on with useful stuff.

It has not been as hot as other areas of the UK in Pembrokeshire, but certainly warm enough for me to get some sunbathing done over the past few days.  Magazines have been read (cannot see the screen of my phone in the sunlight to read books via the Kindle app - for those who have an IPad, is that better in the sunshine?) and I have gained a few more freckles (I do not tan as easily as everyone else who seems to spend one day on the beach and go golden the next day).

I was up early this morning to let our aging Jack Russell, Buzz, out in the garden.  He seems to need a toilet trip a lot more often now (I know how he feels).  Therefore, I tackled some of the half-finished ATCs that have been sitting on my desk all week.


I used some of the really cute French Bulldog images that came with a craft magazine recently, plus various peel-offs/washi tape (remember when we all bought loads of peel-offs !!!).  I then added some acrylic paint in two of my favourite colours right now.

The remaining cards are either cut from some packaging or a scrap from a journal page - again with further embellies added.  No idea how to finish these ones off - but I am sure that inspiration will hit eventually.

There is a story to go with the tags in the top left - and I will do a blog post - but basically they were attached to cocktail glasses as a surprise gift from the restaurant owner that we went to on Friday night to celebrate our wedding anniversary (12th).  Such a sweet thing to do.  For anyone anywhere near Swansea or visiting, the restaurant is Mosaic and I would recommend that you all go (tapas of incredible quality).

The strip of card was used to 'mop up' the leftover acrylic paints from doing the ATCs - and I plan to cut it into narrow strips to make up some more ATCs.

The Costa Blanca book and map are there, as we are off to the area in October and I am already dreaming/planning.

Will get this published and then it is time for lunch.  I plan to go and investigate a local golf driving range (with cafe and 9 hole course too) this afternoon, so I have somewhere to practice in less pleasant weather.  I really need to practice - went up to Haverfordwest Golf Club on Monday evening and attempted 4 holes; was rubbish, but enjoyed myself (only lost one ball in the water).

Ali x

13 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about crafting in this heat! Great collection of ATCs; cute images. Happy WOYWW Sarah #28

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great WOYWW. Thanks for sharing xx Jan 31

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali, don't talk to me about peel-offs! Yes, I bought thousands- not joking- when I started. Sentiments because wood mount stamps were so expensive. Borders of all sorts & colours. There wasn't a subject I didn't have a peeloff for. I gave loads to my DIL when I moved craft rooms, but still have a ridiculous amount.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice selection of ATCs! I shall have to look up Mosaic...that's a fair way to go for a meal from your place!! Have fun practising the golf strokes 😃
    Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No internet. I hate that. My 10 year old son has a meltdown if he can't play his games! I hope your service stays up!
    Have a great day!
    Diane F #27

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ACTs.

    Have a great day!
    Diane F #27

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was in the 90's today were I am... yikes to hot to do a lot today... Love the ATC's the images are great... Have a good rest of the week... May#21

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to make a birthday card last night (hottest day of the year) - it was torture!! I should have done it earlier this week but kept forgetting/putting it off.... the atcs look fab. Helen #8

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali,
    I'm rubbish at golf but oh, when I played I loved it, now I watch it when it infrequently comes on free to air tv.
    Not often enough.. though.
    I chuckled at your descriptor of yesterday, I had visions of you doing your nails as you mowed the grass, curious mix and order of activities. :D
    Happy WOYWW, do so love how you don't waste a thing.
    Shaz.x 24

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in Kent, slap bang in the middle of all the heat. Eurgh. It's broken a bit today, earlier we had a pretty amazing thunder & lightning... not storm, it was to short.... episode? :D I saw a piece of purple lightning zig zag down to the ground, jaw dropping! Now the sun is back but with a beautiful breeze.

    Have a great day and week,

    Carmen x #32

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous desk, Ali. I love the ATCs, and I'm like you - I love mop-up sheets, and they go in a folder full of different backgrounds ready for different projects. Glad to hear you got your computer problems sorted. We had awful problems in the country, with the BT waterproof boxes being full of green water (!) and the engineer saying he was surprised we got any signal at all... Here in the town we have high speed fibre, although it's not as high speed as I think it should be! You sound full of lovely plans and activities. Thank you for your lovely comments - I'm so glad you enjoyed reading about our kitties. We are missing them so much but already we are talking about all the sweet and funny things they used to do, and enjoying the memories without too much pain. Neither of us is on Facebook so we can't use that to advertise what we are looking for. Our little cards will all have reached their destinations by now and we hope for some response soon.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #26

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been so hot hear in Lincolnshire though it seems to have cooled down a bit tonight thank goodness. It did rain earlier but only for a short time. Heat is not good for we crafters Lol! so hope it stays cool tomorrow. Have a great crafty belated woyww, Angela x22x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your ATCs look great! Poor little puppy, getting old is no fun! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #42

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x