Wednesday, 14 June 2017

WOYWW 419 - building up ATC stocks and my new golf addiction

Hi, everyone.  I had decided that I was going to have to miss this week, due to hosting a farmers' meeting today.  However, I left it early (my body wanted some rest!) and escaped to my craft room.



My photo shows my 'computer' area - but I am sorting out ATCs (some traded ones to post) and also some suitable card to make up more ATC bases.  I have recently got back into ATC trading - and joined two Facebook Groups.  I only have one spare one left, so trying to get some batches made to keep me going for a while.

You can also see a scorecard from the golf club I am having lessons at.  At our last lesson of the previous 6-week course we went out on the actual course and managed to play two holes.  Exhausted after that!  Now we are spending a few weeks going back to basics - last week was putting (and I won the competition - no idea how!) and I think tomorrow night we are doing chipping, which is my favourite.  I am really enjoying golf - I do struggle with all the bending down and walking (I know that a golf buggy will need to be used if we are doing more than a couple of holes) - but it is very addictive.  Now I know why so many men disappear off to the course all the time!  I have even upgraded to Sky Sports so I can watch the US Open this week.  It does involve some shopping (one of my favourite pastimes) - a set of clubs, trolley, shoes, coat and other clothes bought so far - and need balls/tees etc this week.

Back to cutting up card into ATC sizes.

Hope everyone is having a good week (and my thoughts are with all affected by the tragic fire in London last night).

Ali x

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you managed to join in, much more fun than a farm meeting?! Lol. Golf is a great sport, I grew up next to the Ashburnham course in Pembrey and played until I was about 17 - got down to a handicap of 13. Then I discovered discos and boys and the rest is history :-D
    Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! Just read your comment on my blog. Yes, you're right, it was near Amroth - we went to Colby woodland gardens to cheer ourselves up after Harry. We parked right at the top of the valley and walked all the way down to the sea (and back uphill..phew) What a lovely place, great tea room too, you were right!
    LLJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali, good that you are enjoying the golf, and if you need a buggy, then so be it. We have to know and accept what is doable, and what need help. Most of us are no good at that bit! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #9 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali! Glad you were able to make WOYWW after all. I like cutting my own ATCs as well from different substrates. I've never played golf, only on the wii LOL! Congrats for winning the putting! Have a nice week! zsuzsa #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the lessons! Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #12

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ali,

    Glad you were able to join in! I've been MIA for way too long. I've missed this great group. Golf sounds fun; driving the little golf cart sounds like even more fun!!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (43)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to have a hobby like that which gets you outside in the fresh air and allows you to meet other people. Have a great crafty week and a happy woyww, Angela x16x

    ReplyDelete
  8. good to see you have time to join in this week! I love to watch golf, not sure I would be any good (I know it would take years of practice - enjoy!) Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali, I shared your arty ATC on this week's post, thanks so much sending it to me and the wee card too.. have plans for it as two toppers ;-)
    I love golf, it's my very favourite sport to watch, my mum and dad and we all played it, but had to give it up, not well enough fir it. Still enjoy watching and my main exercise is walking every day.
    Better go for one now!!
    Thanks so much for your great desky share.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x #31

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creative desk, Enjoy learning golf... I've never played but I expect it's a lot of fun.... May#29

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you have found 2 lovely new interests, Ali - as you say, ATCs are such tiny works of art that they can be achieved without too much tiring effort. As for the golf, this is very good, gentle exercise in the fresh air, and a social activity too. You sound as if you are doing really well! Congratulations. Thank you for your lovely comment. Very sorry to have to report that my hubby had to take Beatrice in to the vet on Wednesday afternoon and have her put down. She seemed to give up the will to live after Phoebe died and for the last few days we couldn't persuade her to eat. The house feels so empty with no kitties and we are busy trying to find 2 new little babies to love. We thought we might lose our two this year, but never expected them both to go in the space of 3 weeks.

    Shoshi #32

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your new hobby,
    Have a super weekend,
    Katie xx44

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x