Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Yummy Vegan Oat Bars - very easy recipe

I posted a picture of my favourite Vegan sweet snack on my Instagram account yesterday, and promised to blog the recipe, so here I am.



It is so easy to make - and really quick.  Less than 30 minutes to when they come out of the oven.  I had not made them for a while, but had some over-ripe bananas and then wanted a sweet treat yesterday, so my trusty recipe book came out of the cupboard.

BTW - these are US measurements (will put the UK equivalent next to each)

3 ripe mashed bananas
1/3 cup apple sauce (5 tbsp + 1 tsp)
2 cups oats (454g)
1/4 cup almond/coconut milk (4 tbsp)
1/2 cup raisins (or blueberries, cherries, rough chopped dairy free chocolate) (113g)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

(I also add some chopped nuts quite often.  This is such a flexible recipe - use up whatever you have left in your fridge/pantry.)

Just mix together well, spread out in a lined baking tray, and bake at 160 degrees celcius (fan) for 15-20 minutes (320 degrees fahrenheit or Gas Mark 3).

I cut it into pieces when it is still warm - and make sure you taste one!

Enjoy.

Ali x

ps  Look at my cute piggy Cup Measures (from a pound shop in the UK)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x