Wednesday, 12 April 2017

WOYWW 410 - some progress

Good morning to everyone.  The dog is walked, ponies/donkey turned out, cats fed, a bit of housework done and the steps leading onto the farmyard have had their regular sweep - and now I am tired/sore!  Time to sit down here and type my weekly post about what is on my workdesk (not much!).  Go to Julia's Stamping Ground to join in.

I did finally stick down the remainder of the paper pieces onto mini canvases yesterday.  Now I have to decide how to finish them off - going to Pinterest for inspiration as usual.  The one in bottom left is finished - some 'crackle glaze' painted on, which seems to just be more sparkle than crackle!  It is many years old though.


Then a slightly different view of part of my craft room.  It is where my 'messy' crafting supplies are stored - paints, inks etc.  The little table was my very first piece of craft furniture (back in the days when I had one drawer of paper/card, and a box with ink pads/stamps/pens - and that was all !!!).  It became my sewing machine table, but that is sold now, so currently I keep my boxes of pens/pencils on it.


Have a read of the blog post I wrote yesterday about my return to LifeBook 2017 (after a break of several weeks - absolutely no motivation) and also starting a 365 day journaling practice.

We went to Barry last week to visit stepdaughter and stepgranddaughter.  Here is the rainbow-bright Big Wheel down at Barry Island Pleasure Park.  Yes, it really did look like 'Barrybados' with that blue sky.


Happy Easter to everyone.  I have bought everyone else chocolate eggs, but managed to miss myself out (I am still on the exclusion diet - no gluten, dairy or egg), so will have to find a non-dairy one this week.  Amazingly my mojo for making cards returned, so I made cards for close family and posted them off early.  

My next crafty task is two ATCs (city theme) for a regular swap, and also ten postcards for a bi-annual swap that I am taking part in for the first time (there is still time to sign up - click HERE for details).

Ali x

11 comments:

  1. The colours on your little canvas look so pretty. Hope you find a delicious egg just for you.
    sandra de @23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Ali. Goodness - well done on how much you have already achieved this morning - not surprised you needed a sit down!! I've managed a couple of panads, breakfast, a shower, and put the bread on... and now I too, am sitting down at the workdeskers! Barry looked amazing yesterday - so glad you had such a good time. Always so much fun catching up with family - my day with my family was a lot greyer and colder!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work areas are neat and organised - if you want mess, I'll take some pics of my craft area to show lol Actually, scrap that idea - my craftroom really does look like a bomb site and I am way too ashamed of the disorganised clutter to show it off :D

    Have a wonderful Wednesday :)
    Bubbles
    #26
    http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/woyww-410.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love that fresh green wall in your craft room - it's like a breath of fresh air! I'm glad your mojo has returned, could you ask him when mine's going to return please?! The exclusion diet must be tough to stick to, has it helped do you think? I would very much like to meet up sometime and am happy to drive over you way, if you can suggest somewhere to meet? It's looking like May to be honest as April is pretty much booked up!
    Hugs, LLJ 13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ashame when craft supplies go bad, maybe it needs a thicker laye before it crackles? Happy WOYWW Vicky #25

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! yes, I had one box of stamps back in the day too... lol!! have a lovely Easter - great pics from Barry. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one big wheel. Loving your little canvases too. Have a lovely woyww and a great crafty week.
    Angela xXx20

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the start you have made with the mini canvases. Good luck finding a suitable egg and with all those postcards! Sarah #9

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little canvases are coming on a treat.. and I remember those days when I just had a few supplies and used to craft on the dining room table and put everything away afterwards. Oh so long ago! Oh Barry looks super what a great photo of the big wheel. Hope you get some embroidery threads soon, couldn't you have some instead of chocolate for Easter??? Just a thought. Thanks for visiting me yesterday, just getting round to catching up now. BJ#5

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a busy morning yesterday.
    Great sky at Barry.
    Ten postcards would finish me off! Good luck with them.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ali, if you send me your postal address I can sort some embroidery threads out to get you going if you like. My email is on my blog. BJ#5

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x