Wednesday, 1 March 2017

WOYWW 404 - Colour

Morning everyone.  It is actually sunny and dry here at the moment, but rain is forecast to arrive within a few hours.  We could definitely do with some more dry weather.

There isn't anything going on in my craft area right now, as the first picture shows.  Just some scraps of paper used to mop up paint and practice a few techniques, some mini canvases to finish and a slightly larger canvas that will have more of something!


Therefore, I am showing you a bonus picture of a section of my craft room.  Up against my fab green wall you can see the small table that I used to have my sewing machine on, which now has boxes of pens/pencils etc on it.  Then, one of my Ikea Raskog trolleys - with paints/brushes etc, etc.  A wooden 'bedside cabinet' that houses finished cards ready to post out, and then various art supplies on top (including a mixed media piece that needs some time spent on the background).  My bookshelves (Ikea again) have a wide selection of books, plus Tarot cards etc - and a plastic box with my acrylic inks on top, button jar and a lovely canvas of Medina the Lurcher.  So little words to describe a very busy area!


I didn't join in with WOYWW last week due to being very busy with getting one of our properties ready for new tenants.  In Wales landlords need to be registered now, and as I am managing the property myself I also had to do a training course to be licensed.  That is done now and the tenants should be moving in next week.  Still trying to get our builder/electrician/plumber to get the little jobs done - like herding cats!  Yes, I actually do some 'adulting' occasionally !!

Ali x

14 comments:

  1. Morning Ali. Thanks for visiting and for leaving a comment. A delightful area in which to craft - and a gorgeous colour on the walls!! Sorry you didn't get your daffodils either!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know the pain of corralling the trades to get something ready....still, no doubt you'll win out in the end. I'd like to send some tenants on a course, never mind us landlords! The paint you mopped up on those scraps are wonderful deep colours, they will make a great something or other at some point! Sorry that we'll miss you at the Crop, but hey, you need and deserve a sunshine holiday far far more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to snap up those colour swatches and make mail art... lovely bonus you added there, but go easy on the 'adulting' you don't want to overdose yourself! dxxx#28

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sympathies for your "adulting" activities, Ali, and I love the expression "herding cats" lol lol! All of us who have cats know exactly what you mean! Lovely to see a bit more of your creative space, which looks bright and airy and very well organised. Nice bits of colour on your working desk. Thank you for your visit and your nice comment. Getting there slowly! What would we do without Youtube?

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #29

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think mop up pages can often lead to the most creative work. I never throw mine away these days. Hope all the trades finish the jobs for you soon. Sarah #24

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali, love the shade of green on your wall, Green is one of my favourite colours. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like your craft area! It's so bright and breezy :-D I'm so sorry we're not going to see you at the Crop but Spain is far more important. Good luck with the exclusion diet..hope it works.
    Hugs, LLJ 15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your green wall and your artwork on display! I wish it was drier as well - I want to go walking in the deer park nearby but it's too muddy still. Happy Wednesday! zsuzsa #26

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great room! It's always nice to see something else in craft rooms other than the desks. Love the art I see up against the wall - really pretty.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #34

    ReplyDelete
  10. As long as the "adulting" doesn't get in the way of playing! I love that green wall - such a lovely spring color!Thanks for sharing, Lindart #40

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing some of your craft room. I just love seeing everyone's work space.
    April #36

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your craft room. It's so nice to get a feel of where people work. Happy belated WOYWW, Angela x 21

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your green wall! Such a pretty shade. I love seeing craft rooms especially since I'm knee deep into organizing mine - or at least trying to. LOL. Dorlene #41

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely green you have in your room and I like those swatches you made very rich colours. Tracy #27

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x