Wednesday, 25 January 2017

WOYWW 399 - bought myself an early birthday present

Happy 'What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday' - find out more and join in at Julia's blog, Stamping Ground.

I am not showing either of my actual tables this week, as they are clear and tidy.  However, I had thought about getting a desk easel for a while now that I am doing more 'arty' stuff.  It is more of a struggle to paint whilst using a flat table.  I walked past our local art shop yesterday (which is for sale - a fantastic opportunity for someone more energetic and knowledgeable than me!!) and there were lots of different easels in the window - all reduced.  So in I went.  I bought this workstation, as it will be useful for lots of different canvases/paper etc.  A couple of Posca pens, a large paintbrush and a paint palette also fell into my bag!  It is my birthday next month - and that is my excuse!




I plan to get it set up later, but got a busy day (and trying to rest more than usual due to a trip to see family tomorrow - my eldest granddaughter's 3rd birthday) so may well run out of play time.

Thank you for all of your lovely comments last week.  I still need to do the blog post showing all of the finished Life Book 2017 pieces so far - soon, I promise.  I have already finished the piece for this week (a quicker bonus lesson to give us all breathing space) - using stick figures to create story boards - "such fun".  The 20% discount code ends at the end of this month, so click on the link in my sidebar and use that code this weekend.  You will love the lessons and the very friendly/supportive community.

Ali x


15 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, that workstation looks like a great idea. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy setting up and playing with your new "workdesk"!

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #10

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a good easel to use! I had to look up what a posca pen was, they seem like a great idea! Enjoy your time with your grandaughter! Happy WOYWW! Anne #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon Ali. Have fun with your grandchild. A great workstation - enjoy using it to the full.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been toying with the idea of getting an easel. Maybe one day! Happy WOYWW! Sez x #24

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my desk easel, I'm sure you will not regret your purchase, it's much easier to step back and 'see' your piece, also take a photo of it on the easel and look at the image - you will often spot stuff you otherwise miss, a trick my life class tutor taught me..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new easel, Ali, and I hope it makes a huge difference to your comfort when you are doing art. For myself I prefer working at a flat table because my arms get tired very quickly if I have to hold them up to do things! Looking forward to seeing it in action and some lovely results too! Thank you for your great comment and I'm glad you approve of my French knots - they are so easy to do - I used to struggle with them dreadfully till someone told me how to do them properly. I sometimes add an extra twist if I want a bigger one. So glad you've beaten the prescription pain meds - listening to your body is bound to be better in the long run. The art of pacing (doing a little, resting in between) means you can actually end up doing more than trying to do too much at once, I find. The baking went down a treat and there's still plenty left (not of the pudding - that all went lol!). I'm still really tired so trying to rest and not feel guilty about not doing stuff! (I do still struggle with that one...)

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #31

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you enjoy working at your new easel! Have a great week. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like fun! I bought a cheap one and hope to use it when I get back. I had such a fun time painting with daughter but like you, didn't find it easy on flat table. I managed to find something and buy it with a couple lol.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #35

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great easel and will be much easier to work on. It's a funny thing but old school desks always used to lift up like that and were much better to work on than the flat tables pupils have to work on now and better for your back too. Have a great woyww, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the idea of working on a desk easel! This looks like good quality too! Will look into that - if only I had more space! Happy belated WOYWW! zsuzsa #21

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found it on Amazon for £23.99 - that's pretty good price, I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great buy! We should always buy ourselves something for our birthdays, who better than us what we want! I got myself a new winter coat, badly needed! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #46

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, this should be a boon to your comfort Ali. Over the years I've had easels, but back then I had no shoulder, hand..(AGE- related ) issues.I wish I'd kept mine. Will look into getting one soon.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great looking work station, Hope you enjoy setting it up and working on it,

    Happy WOYWDW Lilian # 14

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x