Wednesday, 28 December 2016

WOYWW 395 - never has 'normality' been wished for so much!

OMG - I know that I should love Christmas, but it is generally a mixture of a few happy moments/far too much food/and a lot of stress/phaffing about!  Whilst looking forward to the coming days when I can get some time in my craft room and hopefully be outside with the animals more if this dry weather/sunshine continues, I am also attempting to be positive and 'live in the moment'.

The current moment sees me sitting at my pc in my craft room - but it is all very tidy and showing no signs of any activity.  Therefore, I am sharing some pictures of the wonderful Secret Santa package I received from someone in the Bible Journaling UK Facebook group (come and join us - it is a very friendly group).




I hope that everyone is enjoying this festive period (or at least coping!) and Happy New Year to you all.

I am very excited about Sunday and the start of Life Book 2017 (link in my sidebar with discount code - sign up for an exciting year of wonderful mixed media).  I have ordered my paper from Amazon (the watercolour and mixed media papers I had are too 'rough' - who knew that there were so many different types?!) and will be getting everything ready in the next couple of days.  It is like a new school year!

Ali x

ETA - I forgot to add the link to the home of WOYWW - Stamping Ground.  Come and join in each Wednesday.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, lovely Secret Santa gift. The weather here is very frosty this morning. It is indeed amazing how many types of watercolour and MM papers there are. Bit like Blacks and Whites. Who new there were so many shades? Have a good week,and Happy New Year, Hugs, Shaz #3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Life Book adventure, may you learn much and enjoy so many lessons. I dare not join in anything like that, joined three things, no four, this past year and have not done any as yet. In fact have lost track of two of them.
    Lovely tags in your parcel, that must have been fun opening it.
    All the very best for 2017.
    Hugs, Neet 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also admiring your Secret Santa giftie, Christmases can be like that .. ours was actually very pleasant and stress free this year.

    Hope your watercolour paper will have the right "tooth" when it arrives - ENJOY

    Happy New Year and WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab Secret Santa gift! Wishing you a creative and Happy New Year! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for calling by at mine earlier. Happy New Year and here's hoping we can all enjoy many more weeks of fun and friendship linking up on the best day of the week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #8

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true, Christmas can be very stressful. I'm just glad I have a small family and I don't have to cater for 20+ people - I don't think I could cope. Lovely idea of the Secret Santa swap! Thanks f0r visiting earlier! Best wishes for 2017! zsuzsa #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that's a great Secret Santa prezzy - how lovely when it's something pleasing like that! I am looking forward to moving to Wales - we're going back to the town where I was brought up. My dad was a fluent welsh speaker but my mum wasn't so we never spoke it in the house...hence I can converse but it's mostly slang!
    Happy New Year to you and yours, hope 2017 is happy and healthy,
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bible journalling is something new to me, sounds good.
    Have a happy WOYWW, my 'boys' are napping so I have managed to get on the laptop to wish you a happy New year.
    Christine #10

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally understand what you mean about the stress and eating too much. I've gotten to the point I would prefer just to spend time with my family and friends and forget about the gift giving part. The quality time with loved ones is way more important than a gift. It is the gift. Happy New Year.
    April #18

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your opening statement hits the nail on the head exactly.. Fun Secret Santa gift too. Wishing you and yours a Very HAPPY NEW YEAR. and some fun merritment until 2016 ends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great Lifebook adventure you'll be taking part in next year. Wonderful gifts from your secret santa. Always fun to participate in one.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #19

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh I do love the idea of a secret santa craft gift. Looks like you got some great treats. Have a great New Year.
    sandra de @7

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to agree too, Christmas can be quite hard work. We have been entertaining my mum and dad. At their age I feel so happy to still have them but I am ready for a rest now. I wish I had the guts to start the Lifebook but I fear I would not keep it up. Have a great woyww, Angela x 6

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ali, You'll have fun with the crafting goodies and colouring books.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #9

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing all this loveliness! I am a bit late and happy to see all these familiar names.

    Happy WOYWW and New Year

    Gabriele 29

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely secret Santa gift, Ali. It is indeed amazing just how many different types/qualities of paper there are but I hope you've found the ideal one for your Life Book project. Christmas can be a difficult time but it's good that you are looking forward to a new 'school year', as am I ... I have a new quilting class to look forward to. I wish you a good New Year and health, wealth and happiness in 2017. Elizabeth x #27

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x