Wednesday, 14 December 2016

WOYWW 393 - too busy with Christmas to craft this morning

I missed last week due to being away visiting family in Barry (yes, we did go down to Barry Island and I got very excited over seeing some 'Gavin & Stacey' locations!).  This week not much crafting has been 'occurring' (see what I did there?!).


I tackled the job of getting gesso onto some of my bible pages - just on the margins to start with, but I had some very impressive page-curling, so then put gesso onto the rest of the pages and left it closed and weighted down overnight.  As you can see, the pages are a bit flatter - but any useful suggestions would be welcome.  I have got some very nice blue acrylic paints onto James 1, and now waiting for the time to get some lettering on there.  I was hoping to have James 2 and 3 done by now, but oh well it will have to wait until I have completed my Christmas preparations.  The bookmark was a digital download from an Etsy shop (Karla Dornacher), which I printed off, mounted onto a scrap of festive card and then coloured in with pencils/glitter pens.

You can also see a prototype book that I made out of the super-smooth card I normally use for cardmaking (as a change from the rougher mixed media/watercolour card), and another little journal that just needs the grey tape applied to the spine to make it stronger.

My pen box is open and waiting.  This contains my Micron pens, GellyRolls etc.

I am not crafting this morning due to getting my final Christmas present ordered and then need to finish wrapping/packing up the presents that get posted.  No tree or decorations up here yet - hopefully by the weekend.

If anyone else wants to join in with WOYWW (What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday), go to Julia's Stamping Ground.

Ali x


11 comments:

  1. Oh, my hubby and I loved Gavin and Stacey too - coming from Wales, we knew some of those character types in real life. It made us laugh out loud - the filthy old lady next door neighbour used to really crack me up!! Can't help with your gesso woes I'm afraid but the thought of James ! Being covered in blue also made me smile :-D
    Hugs, LLJ 11 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed last week, too, as I had so much going on. Today will be busy also but hopefully I'll get some visiting done, oh yeah, you're my 4th visit! LOL! I know nothing about Bible journaling but love seeing what people do. I have friends who do it and their work is gorgeous! Hope you have a great week and thanks for the visit!
    Carol N #26

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you gesso both sides of the pages they shouldn't curl. I do that with my LifeBook paper too - a coat of gesso on the flipside sorts out any warping. I like your pen storage. I tend to store mine vertically and that may not be good for them. Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #21

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just going to suggest coating both sides but then noticed that Zsuzsa has suggested the same thing - I am sure that would work. Good luck with it.
    Hope you have a great week,
    Diana #20

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you get some answers with your pages and the gesso, or maybe emmbrace the wrinkles!! have a good week, thanks for stopping by. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun trip! Would be interesting to see the different locations - love Gavin and Stacey. I still watch it when I want a laugh. Good luck with the gesso. Hope you can get the pages flat!

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #27

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I'm not alone in not having my tree up. Most of my friends are champing at the bit come December the 1st! Yes, I would have thought most 40 somethings grew up with the Star Wars films. I went to the cinema to see the 1st one aged around 10 I think. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Fiona #24

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ahead of me on the Christmas front. I need to finish cards and shopping. I guess I work better under pressure. LOL
    April #29

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're way ahead of me too. I seem to have some of all of it done, and nothing finished. Starting to really tick me off!! I can't offer any useful advice on the paint on the pages dilemma, bibles use such thin sheets don't they. You could visit Patsy, she illustrates her bible too, she may well have some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ali, for someone with no time for crafting, you have done a lot! Love the Bible page and look forward so much to seeing the lettering. I wish my Bible had wider margins... They are filled with notes already, though! I'd have to get a new one if I wanted to do Bible journalling. Your book looks most intriguing, too. As for curling pages, I find that putting them under heavy weights for 24 hours really does help. Putting the same stuff on the back helps too, as it balances the curling.

    Thank you for your visit and your lovely comment - everyone has remarked how realistic my leaves look, which is nice! You are certainly very busy, and I expect you could do without visitors over Christmas... Thanks for your good wishes about my hands - I haven't heard of support gloves. This morning my knuckle is very painful again.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Bookmark is beautiful - I was just thinking last night of some things I could make for Christmas this year and bookmarks came to mind! I will have to get on it! We are expecting more snow tonight, but then it will turn to rain - I hope it doesn't melt all the existing snow! -10 degrees C today, and above zero tomorrow? Crazy! Happy decorating this weekend! Thanks for visiting my blog! Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x