Wednesday, 30 November 2016

WOYWW 391 - test page in the bible

Happy Wednesday to everyone.  I am crafting in front of my pc today, as there is no water/glue/other messy mediums involved.  I read that it is sensible to use a blank page in my bible to test out pens/pencils etc to see if they bleed through (as bibles seem to be printed on the thinnest paper known to man!) - so I am sitting with an assortment of types and starting to try them out.  So far, they have all been ok.  I was very happy to find a set of metallic pens that I had forgotten about (one of my bargain TK Maxx purchases), so my already large collection of pens has grown!


On the far left - a sewing pattern I have just sold on a Facebook selling group (still a few sewing items left if anyone is interested), a cute card received as part of #SpooniePost (a monthly exchange of post between us Spoonies - chronic health survivors), my mobile phone stand (empty, as I was using phone to take photo!), my bottle of water which goes with me everywhere in the house, the usual pots of scissors/pens etc, one of my plastic boxes of pens (this one has metallics/Microns etc) and my bible (using a piece of pink Centura Pearl card to ensure that any bleeding through does not ruin the page behind).  Then my cheapy pencils from WH Smith, which are actually really good and well reviewed in the colouring world - and the tin of metallic pens I had forgotten about buying.

It is a cold/frosty/sunny day in Pembrokeshire again - so the window in shot is really bright (I have 3 windows in my craft room).

I have had a busy week, but mainly with farm business stuff.  I would rather just get on with crafting!

If you haven't joined in with WOYWW before and would like to share a photo of your workspace, get on over to Stamping Ground for more details.

A short post today, as I want to get on with my bible before lunch.  The day is just going too quickly.

Ali x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, cold, crisp frosty morning up here in the Midlands too. You are not alone in finding packs of pens and pencils you'd forgotten about! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know TKMaxx sold art supplies! I must pop in next time! Edding is a good brand too! Good luck with your bible journalling - hope see a few completed pages next time! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see why it sold...super cute! Happy Wednesday. Sandy Leigh #38

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea to test out the pens on thin paper, hope you don't have any bleeding issues! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very tidy desk. It is a job to find pens that don't go through pages. I've had that trouble with journal books and, like you said, bible paper is really fun so I can imagine it is harder still to find something that will work.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay warm and I hope you get some crafting time in.
    April #30

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you going to be drawing in the bible? That's a good tip about TK Max, it's a shop I detest bt if there's craft supplies I may investigate. It has been amazingly cold here in Wiltshire too though I saw that Sennybridge experienced the coldest temp a couple of nights ago!
    Hugs, LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a bible journaler too!! Always got my eyes open to add color safely!! Love your desk! Have a great weekend! Ginny #45

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been in TKMax but if they do art supplies then I'll definitely have to give them a go!I lLove the delicate thin pages in old bibles and found similiar in an old Shakespeare book that was falling apart in a charity shop - if you coat the page in wax it becomes very translucent - I love it!
    Hope you have a good week,
    Diana #20

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, sorry to be so late replying but I got to be my friend's birthing partner Thursday evening so my mind has been other places since!!! Thanks for mentioning a pattern as it reminded me to send the Knitivity pattern to my Mum. My mind is a wasteland of emptiness these days, one minute it's there and the next minute it's completely gone! Thanks BJ#28

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really looking forward to seeing your Bible journaling, Ali! I've got some Smith's colouring pencils and they are brilliant. No need to spend the earth on posh branded ones imo. Thank you for your lovely comment and I'm glad my Zentangles over photos have inspired you. I've done a bit more work on some of the album pages but no photos uploaded yet. Been really busy with other things, which is why I'm so late replying to your comment! The Inspire forum is brilliant and there's bound to be a FM board on there. I've made a lot of friends through it.

    Happy very belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #23

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's an interesting idea, testing pens on a bible. Led me to wondering how thick a bible would be if printed on normal 80gsm paper.

    Morti @35

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x