Wednesday, 16 November 2016

WOYWW 389 - attempting to paint a face

I am later this morning, as I wanted to actually have some crafting to show you - and there was more boring stuff to complete first.

If you would like to join in with the weekly sharing of our crafty workspaces, go over to Julia's Stamping Ground.



I have finally told myself off for neglecting my crafting and that I should at least be doing my 'Just 15 Minutes' each day.  I have been distracting myself by getting involved in so many different things, which is always my downfall - and I have also been suffering with various symptoms that have required me to sit on the sofa more and watch television!  My new addiction is bible journaling, and I have been very much distracted by all the inspiration on Pinterest and YouTube.  I will be blogging about this separately, as it is a huge change of direction for me.

I watched some more of the videos that come with this bonus class from LifeBook 2016 (if you want to join in with the large global community that will be studying LifeBook 2017, then click on the link in the sidebar), and my cloaked girl is taking shape.  I have struggled, as I don't have the skin-tone crayons that were used (and which look fantastic, so are now on my long wish list) - but I am fairly pleased with the progress.  I have never painted a face before, so this is amazing for me already.

I will get this published and linked now, and then I will add a few more layers/details.  I am looking forward to getting the hair done, as then perhaps she will look less pink!

Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not manage to visit.

Ali x

12 comments:

  1. That's a great start on the face Ali! Tam is a really good teacher and talks you through in real time. I can identify with your problem of being distracted with inspiration all the time. That's the curse of mixed media, I'm afraid. There are so many products and techniques and ideas that it's hard to just focus on one. I get obsessed with things very easily, only to move on to another obsession the next week. But I like it that way. Have fun! zsuzsa #28

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the work on that face, Ali. It's looking good. Thanks for already visiting. Soup made, blitzed, and taking hours to cool down as there is so much of it!!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to spend lots of time on the sofa too... your face is coming along nicely though! Helen #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her face, think you've made a good start....if you gave her bright hair then the face wouldn't appear quite so pink. I'm so pleased that your fabric has gone to someone who will make good use of it, that's good to hear!!
    Hugs, LLJ 7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking face! Great work. Sounds like you've having a great time at the class.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #32

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous face you're working on, love it. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 14

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali,
    Great job on the face! I can't wait to unpack my craft supplies and get my hands dirty.

    Happy WOYWW
    Peace
    Kay (33)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great face... that is something I am just starting to have a go. So much harder then we think. Have a lovely week.
    sandra de @26

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great start on your girl's face! It's going very well even without skin tone crayons. If you're crafting on the sofa, then show us that! ❤️ Have a great week! ~Heather~ #47

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your face is beautiful and I look forward to seeing the complete project. I can't find fault with someone who's on the sofa bible journaling!
    Hugs,
    Chris #27

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, well done, Ali, clever you at creating skin tones even though you don't quite have the right shades. Love the progress so far and some of my friends have done Bible jounalling but not something I've tackled.
    Happy belated WOYWW! Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x #9

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're doing well with the face, Ali - not something I've ever really attempted apart from some dolls' faces on calico, and drawings for Zentangle. Sorry to hear you've had to take to the settee and daytime TV - I've been in the same boat a bit this past week, as a result of overdoing things massively, so I know where you are coming from! This is also the reason I've been so long replying to your lovely comment for which many thanks! I'm so glad you liked my cat card. As for getting an iPad Pro, you don't have to pay Apple's silly prices if you have a look on Ebay - mine was supposed to be a reconditioned one and I got it for a very good price, but when it arrived it was in the original retail packaging and looked unopened and brand new! I also got the Apple Pencil 2nd hand (minus its adaptor but I got a cheap one on Ebay for it) so with a bit of shopping around, these things can be more affordable. I find this setup so much easier to use than the Wacom tablet and stylus I've got for my windows laptop - it's far more intuitive, responsive and user friendly and I can't imagine how I got on before I had it!! I've done no more cooking or baking this week after last week's marathon - we had a great cancer group cakeathon on Friday and there's still loads left over! I even managed to lose another pound this week haha! Thanks for your good wishes for my hospital appointment - it's on Thurs. and I'm sure it will be fine as the CT scan came back clear of cancer. Hopefully I'll catch up with myself and be able to join in WOYWW tomorrow...

    A very belated indeed happy WOYWW!
    Shoshi #42

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x