Wednesday, 9 November 2016

WOYWW 388 - rocks wrapped in plastic



I am being organised again and getting this typed up on Tuesday night, as I have a vet coming early tomorrow morning (9 am, which is early for me!) to start the treatment on Doris the Donkey for her sarcoid.  A nervous time, as if this particular treatment doesn't work, then there may be no other option.  Please think of us and lets hope that crafty positive thinking can help.

My desk will be the same for most of tomorrow I expect.  Firstly, under the rocks wrapped in plastic bags (the cheapest way I could think of getting some weights - the rocks are from an old wall in the farmyard, so I decided that plastic would be best to keep everything clean) is my final pages for the journal I started doing projects for in August.  I am using the glue technique to bind them together, and then I will put a cover/spine on.

My Derwent Inktense Blocks and plastic box of assorted pens are out for when I find the time to continue with an online class.  I don't normally buy craft magazines any more, but the latest edition of Making Cards had some cute free papers including dog/cat toppers, so I couldn't resist!  It also has a useful star embossing folder - and small enough to fit in my tiny embossing machine.  Next to that you can just see a bag of Magic Reindeer Food from Tesco.  I am planning to make cards for my granddaughters and youngest niece/nephew that includes some of this to scatter in their gardens.


It has been incredibly busy on the farm - with TB testing this week, plus lots of moving groups of livestock around to different fields - and we start to 'dry off' the milking cows tomorrow, so then we will have them in sheds on the yard until they calve in February.  What with worrying about Doris and cleaning the stables out in case she needs a more sterile environment than their current cattle shed, I haven't had much time or brain energy to do much crafting.  I did make a birthday card for my aunt in America, but forgot to take a photo of it!

Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not manage to visit this week.  It is a F1 weekend (Brazil), so might be able to catch up on Saturday.

Ali x

18 comments:

  1. I just saw your Life Book 2017 pic on your sidebar.Are you doing it too? I can't wait!
    Must be such a busy life with farm animals that need care and attention. I just knew I would never have had the stamina to be a farmer's wife! Hope you can get to do some crafting next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will slip in a prayer for you and Doris the Donkey, must be so worrying for you. I do hope the treatment works and she is ok soon. Sounds as if you have an awful busy time ahead with the farm.
    That was a good buy with the magazine, I don't buy them myself any more, they just got so expensive and I realised that for four or five magazines I could have a lovely glossy book. Mind you I don't buy them any more as I have so many - wonder where my money goes now?
    Hugs, Neet 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile. Even your rocks are nicely wrapped! How nice to be browsing the mags and find one that you you feel is worth having, when you get to it, have fun with those papers....I have to check them out for myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali, busy time for you it seems. Fingers crossed all goes well. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with Doris, I'll be sending hugs and positive thoughts your way - and thank you for your kind comments on my G.Pig Archie last week, he seems to be recovering quite well but we are hoping the bladder stones don't come back. Animals can be such a worry can't they, I hope all goes well for you this week,
    Diana #25 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers firmly crossed for Doris the donkey, hope it all works out

    Interesting idea with the rocks in bags!

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    No. 35

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the vet visit went well! Clever idea of wrapping the rocks. Happy WOYWW Elaine No. 37

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like things are very busy in your part of the world. I'll be hoping for the best outcome for Doris the donkey.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #39

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love donkeys so will be thinking good thought for her. Animals are so trusting that we need to do the best we can for them even though sometimes the decisions can be hard. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I like your weights, good thinking! Hope all goes well with the vet's visits. Thanks for visiting me at this hectic time. BJ#33

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear you've got a poorly donkey. They are delightful animals. I hope she is better soon. You sound so busy on the farm! I hope you are feeling as well as possible, and able to cope with it all. I love your DIY weights! Very imaginative! Thank you for your lovely comment, and yes, thank you, I am feeling tons better now, which is a relief. Things are definitely improving and it will be good to have some proper support for Miss Piggy, my hernia! Lol about telling your hubby about the iPad! 'Tis the season for... dropping Weighty Hints lol! I managed to get a reconditioned one on Ebay, so you certainly don't need to pay Apple's silly prices. It's worth a look.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #29

    ReplyDelete
  12. I often do that too - make a card, send it off, then remember that I should have photographed it! I'm sure it was lovely. I hope your donkey is OK. I watch Bondi Vet everyday, and the one vet named Chris does wonders with animals that everyone has decided can't be helped! Hopefully yours will be fine. Good luck, sending good thoughts to Doris! Thanks for sharing! Lindart #47

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore donkeys!! I was horse mad when I was younger, always out riding, but always wanted a donkey more. So, I'm keeping everything crossed for Doris today, I hope the visit from the vet was a positive one. And TB testing as well, blimey, what a time you've been having. I really hope that all that went well for you. It made me smile that you could just pick up a couple fo rocks from your farm yard, but if it does the flattening trick, then great idea!
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh - a busy time I do hope Doris the donkey will be ok. My husband's sister used to own a donkey - lovely animals. liking the rock weights :-). I am late visiting as no internet connection when I tried earlier :-( Anne x 22

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Ali. Finally, a few minutes to pop around to folk. You certainly sound busy... what with animals, heavy plastic bags to weight down your work, and all. Trust all comes together. Thanks for your visit and your comments.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like quite a week! Hope all is going well! Have a great week! ~Heather~ WOYWW #51

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Ali, I do pray that dear Doris is okay, worrying indeed and busy busy busy on the farm can understand that, trust the calving goes well for you too, shame about not taking a photo but better to have made it and sent it for the day.
    Happy belated WOYWW! Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x #1

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good wishes to Doris (I often go to the Donkey Sanctury in Devon) and hope your Fibro isnt too bad now the damp weather has moved it.
    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    kyla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x