Wednesday, 26 October 2016

WOYWW 386 - an almost empty desk

Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not manage to visit in the next few days.  I definitely feel that one day for the global desk tour that is WOYWW (click HERE for more information and to join in) is not enough - so tend to extend it until Friday!

I am up bright and early this morning (well - I would not say that I am bright and it is still dark outside - but I could not sleep, the cat wanted her breakfast fish and my craft room was calling me).

I then realised that my crafting desk was actually clean and clear.  I did think about staging some Xmas card manufacturing, but looked at my Xmas stash box and just had no motivation.  Oh well, there is still over a month until I need to start posting them.  Anyone else have no desire to make Xmas cards at the moment?

My small collection of 'Just 15 Minutes' pieces needed to be laid out and a decision made on how to make them up into a book - so here they are.  The problem is that they are different thicknesses.  I would prefer not to mount them on bigger pieces of paper, so going to Google in a minute and see if there is a technique of bookbinding to suit.  There are 10 there, and I may well do a few more as I really enjoyed the quick process each day.  Forced my brain to get creative and not think too much.


(Nothing else on the desk except for various craft mats/cutting mats, and still the pile of journal pages from August that are waiting to be made up into the final book when I have finished the lessons from The Journey Within journalling/book making course.)

I hope that everyone is reasonably well and happy.  I continue to cope without codeine.  I had a morning yesterday when the pain level was high enough to make me grumpy, and at those times I do get sad about having to cope without painkillers for possibly the rest of my life (I am always optimistic that they will find a cure for Fibromyalgia one day in my lifetime).  I dream about having just one day with no pain or at least with a comfortable level of 'blurring'.  Oh well, as usual I got busy doing some client readings (I have started learning the Lenormand method of divination) and sorting out sales of more decluttered items, and by the afternoon I was feeling better.   Distraction and pacing is key.

Today I am planning to start the free course that I was amazed to receive in my inbox yesterday - sent to all those that have signed up for Life Book 2017.  Click on the link to the left or in my sidebar for more details on this year long mixed media extravaganza (not a word I use very often!) - and remember to use the code for a 20% discount.

Ali x

22 comments:

  1. Me! no Christmas spirit at all yet... have a good week. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still on halloween mode but I am getting tired of looking at the mess on the livingroom floor and your space is very tidy this week. I love using up old stash it feels great to do
    Hugs Nikki 8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the word but have little enthusiasm for it. Too much is happening in my life that I have little control about and it needs sorting before the "C" word can be put into focus.
    You are so right about distraction and pacing but it is hard work isn't it?
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali. I am busy making Christmas cards and boxes for my class - I do love making them though!!! Know how you feel re the pain and Fibro - it is my life as well. Some days are a lot better than others- but always some pain and of course feeling exhausted. I just try to carry on but have realised that I do a lot less than I did, and know there is no point agreeing to some stuff - can't do it. Anne x #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you felt better after crafting - distraction works reasonably well but I do sympathise with the constant pain, that must be so tough to deal with. I like the look of your little projects, I hope you manage to find a technique to incorporate them all into a book.
    Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali, I can understand what you are saying. My DIL has had back pain since she was a child, due to a playground injury, and she has often said she never has a day with no pain, just more, or less, than the previous day. Sending gentle hugs, Have a great week, Shaz xxx #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's a little secret Ali: I never make my own Christmas cards, I just buy them. In fact, I hardly ever create anything seasonal - I just make whatever I feel inspired to make - if it happens to be seasonal, so be it, but it hardly ever is. There's no rule that says you have to create your own cards - this year I even bought my hubby's birthday card - he didn't mind. There's not much you can do with those single sheets without mounting them on paper to bind. Last year, I bound my LifeBook pages on scrapbooking paper and punched holes in them for binding rings. This might work with your single pages as well. Do let us know what you decide in the end - perhaps you'll find a great binding solution! Have a great week, hopefully without much pain. zsuzsa #24

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm struggling a bit with the Christmas thing - I think it's overwhelm!

    I can also empathise on the pain thing, I've got gnawing, nagging toothache at the mo that's not going to be fixed until the end of November when my next appointment is scheduled for. Boo hiss.

    Hope you have a lovely week,

    Morti @23

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! On the "no codeine" .. as you say, one day there will be a cure for fibro

    Great desk and HAPPY WOYWW

    Kathyk
    No. 34

    ReplyDelete
  10. Book binding! I have done a few different methods. Nothing too complicated. I am not fussy about the mess or mismatch. I think it adds character. You could try running a sturdy strip of cardstock to your binding side before binding to add strength? Hope you have a great day. Your space looks lovely and tidy. I don't do Christmas till after Halloween! I am a scrapbooker, and not a card maker. Keeps smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not feeling really inspired for Christmas but I am trying to make a start. I do try to make a few special cards - usually for my Mum and sisters in England. It just makes them extra special and Mum I think really enjoys getting them. I don't make them a bunch of them as I don't think (sadly) most people really appreciate the thought and time that went into them!

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #42

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking about you a couple days ago when I reached for the pill bottle! I took the pill for my poor aching spine not the fibro(...they don't work for fibro!). This road trip has been very wearing and we are only three days into a 24 day road trip. I keep trying to find ways to wiggle and move to stretch muscles, I get out and walk every stop and we stop often. I think the roads are much better here and not as twisty and bumpy! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my desk earlier. Have a great week Vickie #11

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the idea of 15 minute pieces - it's something that we should all have time for??? SO far, I have made exactly 5 Christmas cards and four of those are for a class that I teach. I only give to close family, other than that I donate to a charity. I haven't posted a Christmas card for years! Happy WOYWW Sarah #31

    ReplyDelete
  14. A tidy desk I do love to see one..lol. Happy WOYWW Elaine no. 18

    ReplyDelete
  15. No Christmas mojo here, that's for sure! Love the 15 minute pieces, and I agree, I wouldn't want to mount them either, no doubt you'll find a great binding though. Very impressed at your pain management, you really are very single minded!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A clean craft desk!? Oh my. I like the idea of your 15 minute pieces. Hopefully you'll find a way to bind them that suits you and your papers. Best wishes on finding your motivation and feeling better!
    Hope #43

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am trying to get started with Christmas cards but still keep getting distracted. Your desk looks very tidy and ready for action. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 20

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning Ali. Your desk is so clean and your journal pages are so gorgeous good luck in finding a way to bind them together. Sorry to hear your pain has been somewhat control your days and I can relate as I have fibromylia as well. Not always easy to deal with and nope I haven't even started my Christmas cards yet my days are seemly fly by before I know it. Thanks for visiting me earlier and I hope you have a wonderful day. Hugs Always ~Anne L#9

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ali,
    I am right there with you on the fibromylgia. I have that and SLE Lupus and know what constant pain feels like. Since I'm still working I can't take any narcotic pain killer, although it would be nice. Do they have a cannibas medical program where you're at? I know someone with MS that swears by it. Again, not an option for me right now.

    Good to see getting up and moving around helps!

    Happy belated WOYWW
    Hugs,
    Kay (47)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here's a prayer for healing coming your way. I haven't started any of my Christmas projects, but have started purchasing a couple of gifts. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah the Christmas projects, nope not started (well, elderflower cordial etc I have but not sewing).
    I can understand the worry of no painkillers as I have Rheumatoid Arthritis-not fun, but crafting helps with a distraction.
    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  22. It may be a clear desk but it's full of potential.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x