Wednesday, 7 September 2016

WOYWW - Happy Shopping

Morning/afternoon/whatever to all the lovely people who join in/like to be nosy like me with this world tour of crafty workspaces every Wednesday.  Join in at Stamping Ground.

My messy craft table this week shows that some crafting has taken place - and more planned for today.


The two patterned blocks of paper front left are my prototype books for the August part of the journalling/book making course that I am very happy to be taking part in.  The 4th quarter (October-December) has just opened for registration, and you can sign up for the entire year at a reduced price at any time.  See HERE for the full range of courses that the wonderful Kiala Givehand offers.

To the right is a page from a horse magazine being used to catch any stray glue and my craft mat.

Top left is the sample set of Golden paints/mediums that I just received from Jackson's Arts, plus their catalogue (lots of colour inspiration), a pack of mixed media boards to try out and the one item that I went to their website to purchase (the other items just jumped in that shopping cart!) - my smart craft apron, which will probably cover my entire body!

There is also a large bottle of PVA glue and other 'bits'.

I am jumping on here to get this typed before breakfast, as I have a busy day ahead and trying to get organised.

Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not manage to visit.

Ali x

16 comments:

  1. Nice new stash there!! And I'm all for massive aprons, there's no point in a small apron really, is there??!
    Hugs. LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the graphical flower-pages on your desk! I, too, use old magazines for glueing... Happy woyww and sunny greetings from the Netherlands! Marit #20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, it's really NOT that messy!!!! Looks worked in! Fab desk and projects, interesting

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks interesting..will look forward to seeing the end product. Elaine no. 16

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same Jackson's catalogue lying around somewhere! If you want a cheap(ish) gel medium, check out their own brand! I use that as glue by the gallon (the heavy weight matte version). They come in 500ml pots. That patterned paper gave me some ideas for doodles! Have a great week! zsuzsa #25

    ReplyDelete
  6. Odd how tat seems to happen to all of us, just need one thing and the rest hops in our cart lol. Have fun creating, Vicky #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a lot of lovely, arty, newsy stuff you packed into a small amount of typing! I need to learn from you... I will be back to follow some of these links (THANK YOU for sharing) and just a bit of personal observation... in my experience the more painty, inky, gel medium-y stuff you do the bigger the apron you will NEED! Grin Thank you for popping by earlier today and leaving me such a lovely comment, Smile Scrapbook Lynne WOYWW#9

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it looks like you have a lot going on! The bookmaking sounds so interesting, but I don't think I have time for it. Have a great week!
    Suzanne #42

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking good Ali! thanks for visiting already - yes, I schedule for midnight and link the second I get a prompt on FB to say the post is up!! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome desk! Looks like you have it all organized for the new course work. I am going to have to go see if they sell just the print block paper…I love the pattern! Hope you have a great week and have fun crafting. Vickie aka Okienurse #6

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely new stash....
    I got to the stage of making my own aprons as they don't seem to make any suitable for "ladies with ample chests"!!!

    Happy WOYWW
    Caz#29

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your desk! You have a lot going on but so neat and organized. Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Chris P #30

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that paper, Ali. I am sure you will make some great albums. Thank you for your visit, and yes, I've been very busy lately! My finger is gradually recovering but it's a very deep cut and it will take time. I actually did it with a large bread knife, sharp as a razor! One of a set of knives I bought earlier this year - a professional set. Pity the operator wasn't a bit more professional lol!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #39

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your work desk this week. The paper on your desk is just lovely. Have a great rest of the week. Dorlene #44

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh - nice desk this week. My Mum used to do the same trick with the supermarket, go in for a packet of biscuits and come out with a basket full.... I've caught myself doing the same thing time and time again. I have to be really strict about not going to craft websites and shops!

    Morti @24

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh some lovely stash there and love the colouring block.
    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla #18

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x