Wednesday, 14 September 2016

WOYWW 380 - stiff and sore, and very slow moving

I am very happy to be typing this post today.  I have had my mum staying since Saturday, so have been forced to stay out of my craft room and I am very excited about getting on with more book making/art journalling in the coming days.

My desk is still almost identical to last Wednesday, so I am going to take a photo of my new bookshelves.  I promise to have a more interesting photo next week!

If you would like to join in with the worldwide tour of crafty workspaces (or bookshelves), then jump on over to Julia's Stamping Ground.


(Ikea Raskog Trolley on left and you can just see my new metal ruler on top.  Ikea wooden drawer unit on top of my old 'bedside table' - drawers contain various items like stencils, completed cards ...  On top of that is my new set of fine-line paint pens and a sample set of acrylic paints/mediums etc, both of which I am itching to try out!  A small green basket with some small mixed media boards.  Then the bookshelves, which I put together myself - they look like they are leaning, but they are not!  All of my craft books, Tarot decks, runes, business/studying books ...)

I have described myself like an arthritic tortoise this morning, as I have been driving the car more than usual and stupidly decided to shovel some muck on the yard yesterday, so now my hip pain has flared up and I am generally suffering.  Some careful pacing of housework/animal care, taking of painkillers and a session in the hot tub later will help loosen me up.  Of course, crafting will also help!

A short post this week.  I hope that everyone is well, and that some of the UK are enjoying their late summer 'heatwave'.  In Pembrokeshire we are finally getting some sunshine today, but mainly it has been cloud/rain and my shorts are definitely in storage until next year.

Happy WOYWW.

Ali x

11 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, love what I see of your room. I see a few books that I think I have too. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are hurting…Fibro sucks! I went to the ortho last week cause my back and knee have been killing me again and he injected my knee and it felt so much better. seriously seeing if he can inject my low back too! MRI was done and I go back this week to get the news. btw he asked me if I could tell the difference between acute pain and fibro pain…I just laughed and laughed and laughed! Thanks for visiting my desk. I have another cart now I need to get put together!
    Have a great week. Vickie aka Okienurse #11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better soon! I really think that having crafting and projects to look forward to helps us heal even faster. Happy Wednesday! Sandy Leigh #44

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you feel so uncomfortable. Looking forward to another project when you have time. Happy WOYWW. Elaine no. 2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali, you must take care so that you can get back to the crafting soon. Have a great woyww, Angela x 19

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting one of those Ikea trolleys, but don't have a store close by. I hope your enjoying your Mum's visit, as well as feeling better soon to enjoy your craft room. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely the hot tub. Always nice to have family visit, but even better when we can get back to our routine. Congrats on the new book case. Those were the foundation for my studio. Someday I'll have it finished enough to share LOL Have a great week. Creative Blessings! Kelly #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon! Love the look of your craft room. Lots of nice storage and the rug looks wonderful.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #40

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon...take it easy! Enjoy your week.
    Hugs
    Chris P #34

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you are feeling sore. Hope the hot tub and pain pills help. Your bookshelf looks great.
    April #33

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh you have some fun stuff to play with there, hope you get some messy time in this week and hope your hip eases up - don't sit still at that workdesk for too long :o) Annie C #21

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x