Wednesday, 24 August 2016

WOYWW 377 - the 2nd Raskog Trolley

Happy Wednesday to everyone.  Trot over to Julia at her Stamping Ground to join in with this weekly sharing of crafty workspaces.

I am up relatively early this morning with stomach cramps - and a general lack of wanting to go back to sleep - so here I am at my computer and getting some useful stuff done.

My desk shows how I left it after deciding to start another journal !!  I had bought one of those 'cheap' ring binder scrapbooking/journalling kit-thingies, which comes with some ready-printed double sided pages and a few stickers etc.  I used my new Amy Tangerine rubber stamp kit (a bargain from TK Maxx) to put one of my favourite sayings onto a piece of scrap paper that had been a tester for stencils, and that will layer up onto one of the pages.  I added some journalling, plus various pens to embellish the front page - and that is all I have done so far.  You can also see one of the Docrafts magazines, which came with some fab wooden postcards.


As a bonus I am showing you the view of the storage to the side of my craft table.  I put together my second Ikea Raskog Trolley yesterday (definitely getting easier each time I do it!) and have put my smallish collection of mixed media tools/materials on it so far - and my super-size roll of kitchen paper.  I also treated myself to the plain wooden drawers, which of course I do intend to decorate one day.  My set of Derwent Inktense pencils sit on top of that nicely.  The wooden chest of drawers have stencils in the top drawer, and then a drawer for completed all-occasion cards, followed by the drawer for Xmas cards (which has 2 left over from last year).

If you wonder what the bright pink plastic thing on the top is - well, it is one of the course markers for the mountain biking course at the 2012 London Olympics (our friend was a marshal).



Well, that is it.  Nothing too exciting.  I look forward to touring around lots of workspaces this week.
Ali x

23 comments:

  1. Yes, I believe you will decorate your Ikea box one day... I have dozens of them and never got round to decorating one of them.... lol! have a good day - hope you feel better soon. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the trolley, I have one - but not in my craft room surprisingly. Only because there is not enough floor space I hasten to add.
    Well, I never have found any crafting stuff at TK's so lucky you. Nice to see it put to such good use too.
    Have a good week
    Hugs, Neet 11 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what us crafters would do without Ikea? My sewing room is full of it :-)
    Hope you have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #14

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting workspace, never thought of TK MAXX for stamping materials. LOVE the trolley

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely views..how organised you are. Elaine no. 15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like using up scraps is there. Love the storage options too. Thanks for visiting me BJ#24

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so want one of those IKEA trolleys! That will be the first thing I buy when (if) we finally move! That box is just screaming for alteration, isn't it? I didn't know TKMaxx sold stamps! I'd better check them out next time! Hope your tummy feel better now and Milky is on the mend as well, poor kitty. Thanks for popping in earlier! zsuzsa #21

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those trolleys seem to be the latest thing , but i have resisted buying one for now.
    Thanks for stopping by earlier & hope you feel better soon .
    Jill #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always exciting looking at other peoples work spaces! I had no idea that TK Maxx sold that sort of thing but I'm not surprised Lol! Thanks for the visit to mine and wishing you a great woyww, Angela x 16

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ali. I love your new cart and and the wooden shelf I adore. Hope you feel better soon and good luck with your art journaling. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier and also have a fantastic week. Hugs ~Anne L#7

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I would love to have one of those Ikea rolling carts. And you have two! Wow! Thanks for the peek, have a great week! #33

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Ikea rolling carts, they are great for any room. Thanks for sharing your space.
    Hugs
    Chris P #26

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ali, I love Ikea! They really do have the most amazing stuff for us crafters. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #3xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the trolley, it looks really handy, and I love the little wooden set of drawers - I have to say I like them natural like that but I bet they would look quite spectacular decorated. Thanks for stopping by earlier, and I hope you have a great week,
    Diana #19

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm always fascinated with how other people store their crafty essentials! Those Ikea trolleys look so cool. :o) Annie C #5

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are feeling better today Ali. I got my workdes from IKEA and storage units. Like Annie says we crafters would be lost without it.
    Enjoy your week.Lynn 13

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love a raskog trolley but I simply have no room for it at the moment!!! :D One day. Maybe I should buy one and store it for the right occasion.... hehehehe

    Thanks for your sharing your space...

    Morti #42

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that Ikea trolley looks so useful - great bit of storage.x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Life is never boring indeed, when you posses an Ikea trolley and fun stuff to fill it! I have the same wooden Ikea-drawers in my bathroom, holding make-up, medicine, comb etc. I bought it 20 years ago and 'painted' (gherkin? Wood stain?) it orange with the intention to decorate it later... and still haven't. Hope you will get the inspiration sooner ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, happy woyww and a hug from Holland. Marit #23

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ali, Hope you are much better today.

    The trolley looks just the job.

    Glad you are enjoying doing your new journal.

    Sorry I didn't get on before, but I spent the day in hospital on Wednesday and have been taking it easy since.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #10

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice tour of your creative space, Ali. If I had room, I'd love one of those trolleys. It looks so cool, and so useful! Love the little wooden drawers too. I've got some Inktense pencils too and they are great. Sorry to hear you've had an upset tummy and hope you are better now. It sounds as if you've been really busy! Thank you for your visit, and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing my room. I feel a lot happier since I tidied it, but today I've been working in there and making a mess again! Ho hum. I had to laugh at you being relieved that the cameos had all sold out! That was really funny! So glad you like the Bake-Off too - we watched the recording today and really enjoyed it.

    Have a great week and happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #27

    ReplyDelete
  22. Am really jealous of the raskogs, but really really have no room or real use for one. Doesn't stop me wanting one though - although I have become grown up enough not get one anyway!! I love that you have a REAL souvenir from 2012, what a thrill - I'm very into souvenirs; tat,to most of my family - wo then love the stories that come from the occasional rummage through my box of junk! As I'm very late, I hope yourtummy has settled and you've had some sleep since!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That Ikea box is great I like little chubby holders very tidy space you have too. May you be feeling better the Bain of all women cramps uggg happy late woyww hugs Nikki 6

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x