Wednesday, 17 August 2016

WOYWW 376 - finally here after a busy morning

Another Wednesday hits us - and it is WOYWW (What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday).  See Julia's Stamping Ground for more details.

I had good intentions of getting this typed up earlier, but I ended up getting busy with less interesting (but useful) tasks.

My crafty worktable is all ready for me to sit down at it and finish off some art journalling from the course I won a scholarship to.  Read HERE to get the link for the course.



  • Bottom left are 3 pages I started in our Monthly Meet-up at the weekend.  The black is what the black gesso was used for, and I will be adding writing with a white pen.  A 'friend tree' in the middle waiting for more work on the background and journalling.  A crest on the right - and again there is 'homework' for me with that one!   
  • Above that is my usual scrap papers, 
  • Baby wipes, 
  • Blank pages waiting to be worked on (using the purple low-tack tape to mark a border on one side where we will be binding them into a book).  
  • Two pages that I am going to finish this afternoon - at least 2 more layers needed.  
  • My pile of journal covers etc waiting to be stitched together.  
  • My new tin of Derwent Inktense pencils.  
  • Black and white gesso.
Otherwise this week I have been busy with a day out at the Pembrokeshire County Show, two walks out with Buzz the Jack Russell (one tackling the highest point on the Preseli Hills and another to my favourite local woodland) and other general housework/animal care/shopping etc. 

Of course I have been glued to the Olympics - particularly the cycling, equestrian, gymnastics and diving.  Mountain biking this weekend, which is our highlight.

For those who also suffer with chronic health conditions, you will know how difficult it is to cope on a daily basis and also live any sort of worthwhile life.  I get tired very quickly and every day is different with symptoms.  I am just glad that I have such an active mind and interested in so many different things.  My life is certainly not boring!

Happy WOYWW to those I do not manage to visit.

Ali x

13 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, indeed having a hobby like ours is a blessing when illness dictates so much of what you are able to do. Have a good week, Hugs, Shaz #8xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this looks like a seriously creative desk. Well done on your scholarship too

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love country shows! Did you enter anything? My brother got disqualified from two categories recently cos he hadn't read the rules properly!! Lol.
    Hope you're enjoying your scholarship, what a great thing to win!
    Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your journal Course, excited to see how you get on.
    Like you I find that our 'hobbies' relax me down and help me face life better.
    Have a good week and take care
    Christine
    aka Bishopsmate #40

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to create and get your mind off other things. Have fun with the shows.
    Hugs,
    Chris P #25

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you have a debilitating illness, that is where crafting helps doesn't it!
    I too have been glued to the Olympics and have watched sports I have not bothered with before because we have done so well. Jason Kenny's home town is where I live so that was especially riveting - the false starts had my heart jumping.
    Have a lovely week with that journalling - how lucky to have won a course - looks good!
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me - Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on winning the AJ course. I have to admit to being addicted to tutorials. I love learning from others. Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful techniques you learn during the 3 months.
    sandra de @11

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ali, I hear you with the different symptoms each day. Sending heaps of positive thoughts and hugs (((Ali))).

    Glad you've been able to get out, bu totally understand that everything we do has a price to pay. Glad you have your crafting and other interests to keep you going through those days.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #12

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali, thanks for the visit to mine and your lovely comments. Desk looks busy and I love the 'Friend tree' and would love to see that again when completed. I shall be watching your progress with the journaling, it sounds great. Have a lovely belated woyww, Angela x 15

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ali, I am so glad you have had some enjoyment with your crafting. I'd love to see your button characters if you make them.OOh AAh a Whole Tin of Inktense pencils!!Have fun this weekend.
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun and creative desk! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Greetings, Sofie
    http://sofie-s-world.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog last weekend. I love all the creativeness on your desk - art journaling! Yoohooo!!! Enjoy, enjoy... as for simple bookbinding and/or altering a book - you may want to check out this post: http://www.maritspaperworld.com/blog/quirky-dutch-summer-1-1/ Have fun! Love from Holland, Marit #22

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ali! Thanks for visiting last week - sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier! Indeed, art can be very theraputic for all sorts of conditions. Love your tree with the circles! Hope to catch you on Wednesday again! zsuzsa #21

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x