Wednesday, 10 August 2016

WOYWW 375 - My Derwent Inktense addiction intensifies

Morning to you all.  Well, it is actually afternoon here now, as it is 2 minutes past midday, but it is before lunch so I insist that it is morning and I am not really late getting this typed.  I had this post down for the first 'office' job of the day - but got distracted by using Canva (try it out if you haven't - www.canva.com) to create some new graphics for a couple of social media posts.  I then remembered I had a birthday card to put in the post, some purchases from yesterday to put away etc, etc ....

WOYWW is What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  Go to Julia's Stamping Ground to join in.

At least I am here now and have this amazing photo of my craft work table to show you -


Going clock-wise from Bottom left - my new set of Derwent Inktense pencils.  Yes, the full 72 set!  I found a website with a very good sale on - and these were 51% off.  Plus there was a code for an additional 10% discount.  It would have been very rude not to purchase - and I found a few other items fell into my basket.  The website is https://www.cassart.co.uk/  I have loved using their Inktense blocks and then saw the pencils being used, and knew they were a 'must-have'.  I happened to see that Hocanda TV had a Derwent Inktense show on yesterday and recorded it.  Some brilliant demo's from Sharon Hurst (from the SAA).

My first journal, which is stitched and I have started to use it.  So excited and proud to think that I have actually made a book!

Some photos of the farm/Pembrokeshire/flowers to use on future journal pages (just printed out on basic copy paper to see if they work on mixed media).

The other journal covers (and the spare bits to make a belly band to group the 3 together for July) - and some canvas boards underneath.

Sheets of watercolour paper cut out ready to make into our journal for August.

My usual pile of scrap paper and my 'practice journal'.

You can just see my smartphone tripod.

A piece of cardboard packaging that came out of one of the Ikea boxes.  Too good to throw away - thought I could make a 'canvas' out of it.

...................................................................................

Later today I intend to stitch one more journal together, and also get on with the next video for August (see my last blog post  for details about the journalling/handmade books course I am doing).

I apologise for not getting back to everyone's blogs last week.  I will make sure that I sit down with my laptop later, whilst watching the Cycling Time Trials in Rio.  Is anyone else following the Olympics?  I love it and get really involved in sports that I have absolutely no knowledge of!

Ali x


11 comments:

  1. My goodness, Ali. What a huge amount you have achieved this morning. Well done. Enjoy your journal work this afternoon.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, wow you are busy. I have to go have a look at that website, those pencils sound great. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think it would have been rude not to order those with such a deep discount going on. Enjoy using your journal! Blessings for a great WOYWW and terrific week! LisaDV #28

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB looking work space today, I'm a fan of the INKtense products and have both blocks and pencils. Last year did a summer school which used an old pillowcase and the INKtense blocks - it's still on my wall!!!

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you finding those pencils! Well done. Great to see what else you've been up to too..apologies for the late arrival. Elaine no. 40

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really good price for those pencils! Good catch! Thanks for sharing the website - I've bookmarked it for later. I was tempted to buy a few things, but I'd better wait until we come back from holiday. I usually do a price comparison on Amazon, Ebay, Jacksons and now I'll add this site to the mix too! I like to save a few quid if I can! And they seem to have the Liquitex range, which Hobbycraft stopped carrying. Loving your handmade journals! Thanks so much for visiting earlier! zsuzsa #24

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great desk, Ali, and like you I love Inktense pencils. I use them for colouring my Zentangle drawings. Lovely rich intense colour! I love your journal pages, and the cardboard packaging looks great for art! I always recycle things for art if I can. I've got the same gorilla tripod as you, too!

    Thank you for your lovely comment, and I'm with you when it comes to trees. At our monthly relaxation session at the hospital's cancer support centre, when we are encouraged to visualise a peaceful place, I always seem to end up in the same place - in the middle of the trees in my favourite local garden! I have been at my happiest in that place. I haven't done any photo manipulation for a while (apart from my usual basic editing to improve a picture) because it takes time and there always seems to be other stuff to do, but it was fun to do some again.

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #46

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy lady. Your desk area is nice and clean. Yes, our family has been glued to the tv watching the olymics too. We think everything is amazing and then we listen to the commentators point out all the mistakes. It's crazy. LOL. Dorlene #48

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to begin by confessing and apologizing for coveting your set of 72 Derwent colored Pencils. I don't blame you for snatching them at literally 60% off. I hope I get to see some of your projects using them in the future. Thanks for your recent visit to my blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ali, Sounds like you have been busy. that will keep you out of mischief:)

    Love your journals. Will check out that web site in a bit.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #5

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just having a very late WOYWW catch-up. looks like you are all ready for action on that neat work space.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x