Wednesday, 20 April 2016

WOYWW 359 - Cute diecutting machine

ETA - just noticed this is my 300th post on this blog.  I look forward to reaching 500.

Happy WOYWW to everyone - and apologies for those I did not get to visit last week.  My health took a down-turn, at the same time that my Tarot reading business got busier, and I just didn't have the strength to read blogs in the late evenings.

WOYWW means What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday and is hosted by Julia at her blog, Stamping Ground.  Click on the link and join in.

A little bit of crafting has occurred on my workdesk this week.  Not a lot though!  (Reminds me of the wonderful Paul Daniels, who sadly left us last month.)

I have not taken any photos to show evidence of this crafting, but I do have pictures of my new toy - a Spellbinders Sapphire mini diecutting machine.  It has been a while since I turned the handle on a diecutter.  I had a Cuttlebug many years ago, then moved into the world of Silhouette Cameo.  That was a fabulous machine in many ways, but I just wasn't doing enough crafting to justify it - and I was offered a reasonable amount to sell it, so off it went to a new home.  I watch all the craziness of collecting dies (and the many different machines) from a distance and sigh a huge sigh of relief that I am not getting myself into more debt over all that.  However, I also watch the crafting shows on tv and wish that I could cut out some circles/basic shapes easily.

I had seen the Sapphire a few times and thought it looked great, and then last week there was a special offer on tv with a pack of card to go with it.  On impulse I bought one - perhaps as I am really suffering with my health at the moment, which raises my stress levels, and I just needed something to look forward to.

It arrived in 2 days and I have had a little play with it.  It is easy to use, gives good results and now I am watching on Ebay to see if anyone is selling any suitable dies cheaply.

Here it is -


It came with all the necessary cutting plates and a nice selection of dies.


It really is as small as a deck of Tarot cards!

I will get this published now and then visit a few blogs straightaway.  I am feeling very sorry for myself today.  Had a nasty cold for a few days that is making me feel really miserable (I read that Fibro/CFS makes cold symptoms far worse, and I definitely can vouch for that) and now my hip pain has flared up again.  Got a lot to do with my Tarot business (Crystal Pendulum readings are proving very popular at the moment), which helps to keep me distracted and sitting mostly still, but there is so much housework/animal care etc, etc that is shouting at me constantly.  I have given in today, taking maximum doses of painkillers/pain gel etc and just think of the day when I wake up and my cold has gone.  Positive thinking!

Hope you are all well.

Ali x


15 comments:

  1. I sent you some positive vibes so you get better real quick. How cute is that die cutting machine, I gave in and bought a cameo a couple of months ago with the thought that although it is an investment, I don't need to spend anymore money on dies. I try to use it, but sometimes it is just a hassle. happy WOYWW from Vicky #10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love your Cameo, Vicky - and I have one on my 'Want List' as soon as finances allow. I built up a library of over 1000 images, so you can imagine I am literally itching to get cutting electronically again. The Sapphire is great because it was so affordable, takes up very little space and just does the basics (I will gift it to my stepdaughter when I finally get another Cameo). Ali x

      Delete
  2. Now that looks like a very compact die cutter.
    sandra de @11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now that's certainly a cutey die cutting machine. I started off with a QuicKutz press and even had to replace that one as I wore out the first one! It was a rather considered choice to move on to a Cuttlebug but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and hope you enjoy using your new toy. BJ #17 (not #4 or #16 OOps!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've been feeling rough, hope the sunshine will help you improve quickly. I'm pleased your tarot business has taken off, how exciting!
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you gentle hugs. I'm glad your tarot is doing well. Positive energy so important I find with fibro. Negativity just drains me. I'm resting lots in order to go out when I need to. But now the sun is warmer I am sitting outside to read rather than on my bed. The sun helps lift my mood and Vit D helps the body. Take care Zo xx 35

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have lots of fun playing with your new toy. Happy woyww Jill #6

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali sorry you've been poorly with a cold and its has been exacerbated by your conditions .. it is true and does affect you more .. no doubt you've also a compromised immune system love your sapphire cute plus!!
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz.x # 34

    {Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoy your baby blue, its a sweet little machine. Hope you feel better soon, Happy Wednesday, Cindy #29

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali, nice little machine, lovely colour. I just passed my 500th post a couple of weeks ago, only noticed when looking at my stats! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on your 300th post and love the new toy! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel better soon.

    Your new toy looks fun. I finally got myself a Big Shot. The cost wasn't too bad as I bought it using a coupon (bargain shopper me!). Most of the dies I bought with coupons too.

    Sharon K #49

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better soon - as a fellow fibro sufferer I can sympathise - I think the cold weather makes the muscle pain worse. Your new die cutting machine looks very cute and takes up a lot less space than the Bigshot - enjoy.
    Bernice #23

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the Sapphire, as an addition to my cutting tools, and find it very useful for cutting little bits, sentiments, flowers and border strips. Only problem I have found with it is that you can't use embossing folders without a lot of fiddling with cardboard shims.
    Hope you are feeling much better soon.
    Bless you
    Chris #22

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having several Tarot decks, I can see how really tiny that die cutting machine is. But that may be just what you need. Sorry you've had a stressing week. We know everything happens for a reason and I look forward to hearing about the upswing that comes from all of this.

    Creative Blessings! Kelly #43

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x