Wednesday, 13 April 2016

WOYWW 358 - Starting my Doodle Journal

Hi, 'WOYWW'ers of the World

There was a definite WOYWW- shaped hole in my life last week.  I was quite simply overwhelmed by the amount of stuff on my business/study To Do list, so I had to admit (again!) that I cannot do everything and this blog was one of the things I shamefully decided to not do.

I have been struggling more and more with my health - with some symptoms that are not classically part of Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome was suspected.  My doctor confirmed that I do have this when I saw him on Friday - and I think my body is now feeling it is ok to throw even more issues at me, because since then I have become a walking symptom list!

I try to look at it in a positive way and see that it is making me stop and reconsider everything I do.  My Tarot business and blog is a big priority, but even with that I am having to take one project at a time and not try to multi-task.  I have been editing my website for a lot of today (this is being written on Tuesday, as I am totally rubbish until the afternoons now), so took a break to sort out one of my crafty storage wardrobes.  I found my calligraphy set and other pens, which have never been used, and spent an enjoyable time on YouTube looking at doodling/hand lettering videos.  I found one on making a Doodle Journal, so I have taken the plastic wrapping off a lovely notebook that had been sitting in my room for ages and just about to take the scary first step of putting ink onto blank page.

My photo today shows my desk immediately in front of my computer screen. The notebook and pens are there ready for action - and the Tarot card which is my Card For The Week (The Hermit).

My craft room is quite a dark space, as it is in the oldest part of the farmhouse - with a sloping ceiling and the original beams.  However, it is not as dark as this photo makes it look!  There are 3 windows and a bright green wall, so it is a very pleasant place to be.  The 2nd photo shows off my green wall, sewing machine table and stripy rug.




I hope that you are all having a happy and crafty week.

Go over to Julia's Stamping Ground for more details about WOYWW (What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday) and to join in.

Ali x

11 comments:

  1. Have fun lettering dear! I think I recogneze your notebook... I saw one just like it at the store I did grocery shopping (Lidl) this morning, is that possible? If so, how's the paper? It was wrapped in plastic so I couldn't feel, and I was afraid the paper would be too thin so I didn't buy it... maybe I should have? I LOVE the cover! Happy woyww and a hug from Holland! Marit #26

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, it's always a scary business making that first mark, isn't it? I do love that shade of green on your wall. I'd say the Hermit was exactly the right card for the week you've described. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry about your health issues. Be gentle with yourself.Hope you can get to do something that you enjoy this next week.
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried to start doodle journals several times, but I always misplace them and then forget about them! And it is hard putting that first mark into a brand new, squeaky clean journal! We all struggle with that. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I've recently made some changes to my diet, as I was convinced I was pre-diabetic. It's too early to say if it has worked, but I'm trying to cut out sugar as well as salt, because I have high blood pressure as well. It's not easy! Hope you feel better soon! zsuzsa #32

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for all your health woes. I hope you find some healing soon. Sending you hugs.
    Have a great day.
    Diane - WOYWW #29

    ReplyDelete
  6. Journaling is one of my favourite things to do! Love it. Very relaxing and therapeutic. Hope your health improves (well, the symptoms let up a bit at least).
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #44

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear that sounds awful. I do hope they can do something to help you. your green wall is very uplifting. I hope you can find some strength to carry on. Elaine no. 51

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your health problems. I do believe that crafting can help you through your struggles. Take care!
    Wishing you a creative fun week to come... hope to see you next week again at WOYWW♥
    Hugs,
    MiSchra ♥ #42

    ReplyDelete
  9. have fun with the doodle journal, but take it slowly! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about your health struggles.

    I love the green walls along with the rug. Very nice. I haven't even thought to look up doodling videos on youtube - another thing to distract me from what I should be doing.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #36

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun with your doodle journal, hopefully that can take your mind of of your health problems. Have a nice weekend, Vicky #9

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x