Wednesday, 23 March 2016

WOYWW 355 - my YouTube debut

Hi, everyone.

It is almost late afternoon now and I have been aiming to get this written since early this morning.  Oh well, I am here now

Firstly, you need to get over to Julia's Stamping Ground for more details and to join in with the weekly tour of crafty workspaces, which happens to be on a Wednesday.

Secondly, I am late today for two reasons.  I stupidly overdid it in the past two days - walking with Buzz for longer than usual because of the dry weather and also driving into town on consecutive days.  I woke this morning absolutely exhausted and in a lot of pain.  This did ease once I got up and slowly started my day, and I have been 'resting' more than I planned.  So frustrating when I had planned to get some extra cleaning done - in the house and out in the yard.

I also finally got some YouTube videos made for the channel I set up over a year ago!  Just some short 'Incoming Mail' videos - but feel free to go and watch if you like stationery/penpalling/mail swaps etc.

Ali on YouTube

Going to be making regular videos now I have found my confidence - the animals, farm, countryside, crafting etc.

I will have a separate channel for my Tarot and business stuff.

Here is what the 2nd table in my craft room looks like now.

The incredible ATC Flipbook I received in a mail swap is underneath the brilliant new stamps from John Bloodworth, plus various sticky notes/scissors/memo pad/smart phone tripod ....
Those stamps persuaded me to break my several years ban on buying more stamps, as I had practically stopped doing stamping.  Unfortunately these are now sold out.  If you NEED some, as I did, then contact John Bloodworth on Facebook or his blog, Gentleman Crafter, and he can let you know when they are back in stock.

I was going to make several Easter cards this week - and even bought some fab paper from Lidl (plus a hot glue gun and punch set) - but I now realise that I lack the time and motivation!!

Happy WOYWW to everyone who I do not manage to visit later.

Ali x

10 comments:

  1. Rest up and feel better. Tarot - how interesting, I've always been curious.
    Cute stamp set and goodies!
    Have a great day!
    Diane - WOYWW #32

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time: I'm rich in that at the mo, but motivation is a bit lacking! So sorry youre aching and sore, it's not fair is it. I don't need any more stamps, but will reserve full judgement until you start postin g what you've done with the Gentlemans stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how we intend to get something done and time/life says otherwise. Thanks for the visit last week!
    Carol N #50

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're in pain. Hopefully resting up will help. The housework will wait!

    Good for you on the Youtube channel. It does take a lot of confidence. I don't think I could do it. Sometimes I feel a little like the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz lol. There would be a lot I would do if I had the confidence!
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Sharon K #51

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali. I didn't know you have fibromyalgia. I have that and SLE Lupus. I know what it's like to overdo it and just ache all over.

    Funny you mention tarot also. A friend of mine has started collecting different decks and is part of a Facebook group. Decades ago I bought a set of runes but never did anything with them. Although there is one that's in my drawer loose and I've wondered what it means.
    Oh, and your mail art looks fun!
    I'll have to check out your YouTube channel.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall come back tomorrow to look at your videos as I am a bit late tonight. New stamps look good. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 23

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're feeling better. I am off to check out your videos.
    April #60

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ali, I'm so sorry you have such a debilitating condition.Hoping you can rest over Easter, and get time and energy to play with your stamps.Thanks for the visit.Must be frustrating to look across at a messy house.I do our neighbour's place across road too!!Must be mad.Perhaps I attract pathetic men who don't garden!! Take care hon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is your tarot business going? I read the cards too but just for family and friends, I have no interest taking it further. I really hope that you're doing ok with it.
    Sorry that you're in pain from overdoing it but th lovely weather just makes you want to go out, so I don't blame you at all. Hope that a fe days rest will set you back on track 💐
    Hugs, LLJ 1 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I guess your body is telling you to rest so I think you need to do just that - sounds as if you have had a busy life these past few days but you sound a busy lady anyhow. Enjoy the new stamps and show us the results please.
    Hugs, Neet 12 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x