Wednesday, 24 February 2016

WOYWW 351

I think a couple of weeks have gone by without me joining in with the weekly global wonder that is What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday (see Julia's Stamping Ground for more details).

Some crafting has occurred, but mainly designing cards digitally and then just printing them off (which is not always as simple as it should be).

I have been getting annoyed with myself that I am not finding time to continue with my sewing adventures, so have sorted out some fabrics to make a quilt/pillow set for my eldest step-granddaughter's doll pram.

Here are the pretty cotton fabrics -


and I also found some random fleecy fabric, which can be used to make them more cosy.

No idea of where to go from here, except to go through my stash of magazines/Pinterest/YouTube/National Sewing Circle (something I joined last month when they had a ridiculously good subscription offer - lots of videos/articles) and find a pattern/instructions.

Will keep you updated.

I was hoping to be able to show off my Ikea Raskog trolley, which should have been delivered yesterday, but just done the tracking of parcel and for some reason it was returned to the depot last night and now they should be re-attempting today.  I am going to use it for my scrapbooking supplies - in the hope that having them all prettily displayed next to me will actually force me to use them!

I hope that you are all well.

Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not get round to visiting.

Ali x

11 comments:

  1. The material is beautiful, your Grand-daughter is sure to love it. Hope your trolley arrives as its so frustrating waiting in for deliveries, look forward to seeing it in full working order.
    Jan no 46

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the material!
    Not sure if it's useful but Craftsy have lots of free patterns (and ones to buy!) so you might find something useful there which will help with the quilt/pillow set

    http://www.craftsy.com/patterns/sewing?sortBy=price

    sorry, I have no idea how to put a proper link in a comment but if you copy and paste this, I'll take you to the right place.
    Happy WOYWW
    Caz
    #31

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty fabric.
    Have a great day!

    Diane WOYWW #44

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the fabric, and IKEA! What would we crafters do without them? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabric. Hope you show us the finished project. I hate it when post gets delayed. Grrr.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #47

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky your grand daughter is having a nanny that can sew , & making things for her dolls. Thanks for stopping by earlier ,
    Jill #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty fabric! I've never attempted digital crafting (no printer) but do love my stamps and supplies (which is good given how much I have) and getting messy! Thanks for your comment Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabric, looking forward to the finished project. Have a great week, Cara WOYWW 41

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry your trolly did not arrive as was planned. I have no doubt you'll fill it up quick enough. just remember, tool - not decoration ;-)

    I still haven't been to your Tarot sight. Need to do that. Waiting anxiously for Deborah Blake's set to come out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm trying not to acquire all of TH inks. I make SU do whenever possible. Creative Blessings Kelly #62

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabrics are so pretty I am sure you will make a wonderful project.
    sandra de @22

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I retired I had visions of being able to do and create all sorts of stuff but...life has played wicked games with me. I am still creating but...Looking forward to seeing your pillows done...love the colors.
    Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #58

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x