Wednesday, 20 January 2016

WOYWW 346

Where is this month going?  I am sure that time passes quicker as we get older, and also being so busy.  As a positive, it must be due to enjoying life!

Another Wednesday brings a tour around crafty workspaces - all over the world, which is very exciting.  Join in via Julia's Stamping Ground.

This week I have actually been doing some 'proper' crafting.  I made a tag to go with Flat Susan when she travels off to her next destination on her own world tour.  This is the blog post I have written about her long stay with me FS in Pembrokeshire and this is her blog http://flatsusan.blogspot.co.uk/  (Lots of links for you!)

Here is my main desk this morning


Patterned scrap box on the left (I have my scraps divided into patterned, plain and white/cream), my two favourite pairs of scissors, some embellies (gorgeous green/pearl gems, flower, doily, sentiment tags), tape roller and the base tag waiting to be finished.

Here is the finished tag


I hope that everyone is well and happy today.  It is finally a proper winters day in Pembrokeshire - cold, frosty and sunny.  My ponies/donkey are staying in their barn, as my old pony struggles to walk on hard/frosty ground.  Buzz the Jack Russell decided that he only wanted a short walk in the field, as the ground was too cold for him!  I have to go out later and deliver some sewing magazines/patterns that I have sorted out for giving away via Freecycle (also a lady is collecting 4 bags of papercrafting magazines later) and post Flat Susan onto her next temporary home.

I am using the Pomodoro Technique to get more done throughout my hectic day.  It is working so far.  Basically you concentrate on one task for 25 minutes - no distractions such as social media - and then rest for 5 minutes, and then repeat.  It is amazing how much I can get done in 25 minutes.

Will be visiting some blogs later (for 25 minutes!).

Ali x

10 comments:

  1. guess I'll try the Pomodora tech. ~~ lots of ideas but not much action. want to downsize lots of areas, so I need to do a little each day. A very pretty tag. Always good to use up the scraps. Have a great WOYWW kind of day #33.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful papers and a lovely tag, Ali. It is a lovely day here today as well. I wish I had more energy!!

    Just looked at the Pomodoro site. I've never heard of this before. It would never work for me because I frequently have to drop everything because my hubby wants something immediately!! However, it does remind me somewhat of the M.E. pacing lessons I've learnt over the years - breaking down tasks into smaller portions, stopping after a short period to rest, resting before you get tired (that's the hard one!). When I actually manage to do this, I end up achieving more than I would have done if I'd plugged on regardless, and got into the dreaded boom and bust scenario.

    Thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comment. So glad you like my chicken packaging and my scarf. It's still baby steps all the way with my creativity at the moment but I live in hope for a resumption of previous levels of activity!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #43

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to read up on that technique. I seem to get easily sidetracked. Seems to be happening today by WOYWW. Can't seem to stop visiting the blogs lol.

    Nice tag!

    Sharon K #52

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty tag for Flat Susan, that will be a fine addition to her package. Freecycle is fantastic, I love posting things I'll never use again, and then giving them to someone who will. One time I was teaching an art class to high school age students, and got loads of acrylic paints from freecycle, leftover house paints and such, which were perfect for our Jackson Pollock lesson!

    Stay warm, and Happy Woyww!
    :)trisha
    #56 this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali, love the tag, and the Pomodoro technique sounds like a fab idea. I shall look into that, could be very helpful. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #16 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, interesting...we used to work like that in school, the kids were able to sustain concentration much better. That's a very pretty tag by the way!
    Hugs, LLJ 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting blog. I got sidetracked by FS and read all about her stay in Pembrokeshire. Then I was intrigued by the Pomodoro Technique and had to read all about that. Now (more than 25 min later)I'm looking at your lovely tag. I recognize that patterned paper. I have something like that. It's by Anna Griffin.
    I will give this pomodoro thing a try. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ali, I hadn't realised Flat Susan was with you. I hope one day that she will be able to come skiing with me as I am sure she would enjoy it. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy crafty woyww, Angela x 15

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting technique, I can imagine that you are amazed because we are distracted so easily and it absorbs so much precious time. I also have my scrap papers sorted in a drawer of plain colored and one with patterned paper. Vicky#66

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely tag. I had fun with my own classes when we had a Flat Stanley travel. Happy WOYWW - and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x