Monday, 25 January 2016

Dreams. Why?

We all dream, or do we?  I apologise for the lack of serious research into this fascinating topic, but I will definitely be reading a lot more and returning to this subject again in a future blog post.

I do not remember my dreams every night, but last night I had a particularly detailed dream.  A subject I had never dreamed of and which has stayed in my mind all day so far.  I keep getting 'flashbacks' and it has even made me feel anxious.


I will not go into detail, but basically it featured some sort of global disaster - power cuts, needing to find a place of safety etc.

Interesting - I wonder what this means?


Taken from this really good website, Dream Moods

To dream that you are in the post-apocalypse implies that you will overcome the difficulties you are experiencing in your current life. Alternatively, the dream means that you need to fend for yourself. You need to be more independent and resourceful instead of relying on others.

I definitely do not rely on others (that is another blog post!), so it surely means that I am overcoming a lot of my difficulties.  Yes, that is true.  I am finally accepting the limitations from my health, and adjusting my lifestyle to really suit ME and not everyone else.  I am putting myself first far more - and I just wish I had the confidence to do this years ago (another blog post!).

What did you dream last night?  If you do not remember, then this article from the Daily Mail may help explain that.  Due to the Fibro etc causing pain and other symptoms, I do have lots of periods of wakefulness during each night.   This could contribute to recalling dreams during the times I am awake and more information going into my memory.  Daily Mail article

Well, it is late in the afternoon and my ponies/donkey will be waiting to come in from the field, so I will leave you to contemplate your dreams.  Visit 'Dream Moods' and look at their comprehensive dictionary.

Ali x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x