Wednesday, 18 November 2015

WOYWW 337

Here I am - better late than never.  The weather is all over the place in Pembrokeshire this morning, so I was all confused about the ponies/Doris the Donkey.  Should I leave them in their shed for yet another duvet day - or should I chuck rugs on them and let them have some fun in the field?  Well, as I went out of the door, the sky cleared and even a bit of blue appeared - so rugs on two of them, and they are happily munching on the grass.  I then took Buzz the Jack Russell for a longer walk, as rain is meant to return later this afternoon.  Tired now and definitely need to sit at the computer for a bit.

WOYWW, for those who have no idea what this is - stands for 'What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday'.  See more details and a link to join in at Julia's Stamping Ground.  On my desk today, I have some felt/embroidery threads and ribbon so that I can attempt to make some donkey tree decorations.  There is a pattern to download over at the Donkey Sanctuary (plus knitting and crochet patterns).  There is also a cute Xmas card that I saved from last year, and will be using it to make a card - to add to the huge pile of TWO that I have already made !!  The CD-Roms are from 2006 - so not even sure if they will work in my PC, but worth a try and to see if the 'cool fonts' are really funny or actually worth using.



I had a big sort out of my crafty magazine stash - and have a good pile of Craft Stamper (with cover stamps, Making Cards (again, with all the papers etc), Card Making with your PC (with the CD-Roms), various scrapbooking magazines and others.  They are free to a good home - just pay for the courier, as they will be heavy boxes.  Let me know if you would like all or some of them.

I hope everyone is ok after this sad and worrying week - and that Storm Barney did not cause you too much trouble last night (just some more sticks off trees and very wet roads/yard/fields here).

Happy WOYWW to all those I do not manage to visit.

Ali x




13 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your donkey when it's finished :-) Have a fun week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh the donkey decorations look fab, just checked them out via your link. Look forward to seeing your finished makes! Thanks for stopping by my desk earlier. Happy crafting, Max #29 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with making your felt donkeys..a great cause. I LOVE donkeys (and horses), always have. Hope Yours have had a fun day out in the field...goodness but you've faced the brunt of the storms..we've got away relatively lightly in Wiltshire.
    Hugs, LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali, love the colour of the threads. If the Cd's don't work, a great, safe place to get all sorts of fabulous, funny, elegant and dingbat fonts is called dafont.com.Look forward to seeing the finished donkey. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali, thanks for the visit to mine. It was okay here in Lincoln this morning but went very windy later so it's a good reason to blog for a while. I did however take Maisie and Stan (Shnauzers) to the park before the wind got up so they are happy too. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x26

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun donkey crafts you have planned. Sounds like a good time. And, best wishes with the old CDs. I hope they work for you!
    Hope #46

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you and your animals are staying safe in this wild weather. We have had another day of rain here. I can't wait for Spring too!!!
    Your donkey decorations sound very interesting.
    Thanks for visiting earlier.
    Hugs Lisax #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so intrigued with the phrase "donkey tree decorations" - sounds like fun :) I shall pop bback and see what develops.
    Have a happy Wednesday
    Bubbles (Sheleen)
    #37

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun making Christmas cards!

    Greetings, Sofie #17
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to go look at the decorations and they are ever so cute! Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day!
    Carol N #35

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ali we had a blast from Barney last night too! Flew over you this morning heading for Dublin! Have fun making your decorations! Ali #4

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Luck with your Donkeys!!Thanks for sharing!!Have a great week, Ginny # 12

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun to make donkey decorations, and nice to have a real one to care for, too, along with the ponies. I am sure they enjoyed their time in the field. The weather has been so changeable and you have to take advantage of the nice bits.

    Ali, thank you so much for all your lovey comments! You must have spent ages on my blog. Sorry not to have moderated and posted them sooner but it's been quite a week with 3 hospital appointments. I'm feeling really tired today but have to keep going because we're out to lunch today and tomorrow, and also a concert this evening...

    I'm so glad you like my Florabunda alphabet letters. It doesn't take long to do each one. I sketch out the shape of the letter in pencil first and then start with the pen. Probably 15-20 mins for each one? I didn't time myself!

    I love everything to do with bees, too. They are fascinating. If you want to see one of my all-time favourite projects, it's my beehive explosion box - you can find all the posts by clicking on my blog archive for November 2010, with the final post being in Dec. 2010. Lots of photos and a video too!

    I have Tesco deliveries too - it's brilliant. I said to my hubby recently though, that it would be good if we went round the supermarket together once in a while to keep our ideas fresh and not get stuck in a rut with the same stuff all the time! He has been wonderful doing all the shopping and cooking for me while I was going through most of this year but it's good to be taking back responsibility for it now.

    You are very kind to have spent so much time on my blog and commenting too! Thank you.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x