Wednesday, 21 October 2015

WOYWW 333

Another busy week has been had - and my To Do list just keeps getting re-written as soon as I get to the bottom of it.

I actually just made a card!  Not digital, not a card from my 'drawer of ready-made or shop-bought cards'.  I cut up paper, coloured in and raided my embellies box for some stickers.  No idea where the inspiration came from and, as I sat there under my daylight light trying to control my shaky hands so the pens coloured somewhere within the lines, I did almost give up.  However, it is finished.  A birthday card for my younger sister.


Here is my desk, about halfway through the process.





My box of metallic/sparkly pens on top of packs of my trusty Marvy Le Plume II pens (one of my first crafty purchases from QVC back in 2005 I think!!).  A Daisytrail paper pack that came with one of their digikit collections.  Gorgeous Autumn designs.  The sticker flip book.  The card stuck down with glue (not used that for a while), scissors, glue, keyboard ...)  I think you can always tell a crafter, as there is a cutting mat on the table, despite the fact I rarely use it now!

Here is the finished card.


I am just about to design an insert on my fab Serif CraftArtist Professional software, and then I need to wrap a pressie - package all up to go into post.

It will be lunchtime by the time I finish at this rate!

Hope that you have all had a reasonable week.  To see other more crafty workdesks than mine, go to Julia's Stamping Ground.  All the details and linky form on there.

Ali x

ps  Got my Numerology book out, and 3 has the following meanings.

Artists and creators of the world.  Ability to uplift and inspire.  Childlike.  Born entertainers.  Tendency to gossip.  Fabulous sense of humour.  (Definitely describes us!!)

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I too use Serif Craft Artist pro 2 I love it and use it to design so many things including the silhouettes for my book folding! Happy Back to the Future day! Take care Zo xx 44

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali love your handmade card, sure your sister will appreciate all the effort! Ali #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cat image! Can't work out whether it's a stamp? And it goes so well with the pretty background. Thanks for visiting earlier,
    RosA # 36

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks lovely... I couldn't imagine going so digital as to give up inking my fingers! Happy woyww 333 :)
    Kristiina #27

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - your sister must have been very pleased to receive it. I love autumnal colours.
    Hugs, Neet 1 - thanks for visiting me earlier xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card you made looks beautiful!

    Greetings, Sofie #56
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ali!

    Oh, love the meaning of 3 in your numerology book. Your sister's card is cute. I definitely think the digital stamps are the way to go, especially in my situation. Not much storage for mounted stamps (and I have a lot). I need to list them on ebay sometime soon!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Thank you for visiting me already!
    Hugs, Kay (38)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ali! The card is very pretty. if you've a mind to ship to the US, let me know when your stamps go on ebay. KellyH (at) artlover (dot) com
    Creative Blessings! Kelly #47

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x