Sunday, 19 April 2015

Poetry

Sometimes words come into my mind.  Most of the time I forget these far too quickly, but today they merged into a poem.


It is not right.

I could say it is not fair, but life never is.

I should be out in the sunshine,

sharing the wind and the light.

I should be flying down a lane on 2 wheels,

or running across the mountain,

or urging my pony up a bridleway.

I am not though and it is not right.

There are people living a half life that comes

from laziness and lack of spirit.

I live a half life because of my damaged body.

My brain and spirit are mostly bright,

but my body fails me daily.

A fog of depression and sadness threatens to cover me,

and I fight it.

My spirit is strong and I search for my place in this world.

I am not who I want to be - frustration is not a big enough word.

Tears flow too often.

I keep getting up.

I keep trying to smile.

I keep moving my body and accepting the pain.

It is not right though.

1 comment:

  1. Your poem is so moving and poignant, well done!
    I am so gutted.... we stayed in Fishguard and toured all over the region including St David's!! We could so easily have met up and had a cuppa. Never mind eh!?
    It's such a beautiful part of the world.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x