Wednesday, 18 February 2015

WOYWW 298

Another mid-week is upon us, and I am actually sitting down with my laptop and getting some blogging done.  You would think that with not working or having any kids I would have plenty of spare time, but it doesn't seem to work out that way.

What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday is a special occasion when crafters from all over the world show off their workspaces.  You can join in at Julia's Stamping Ground.

I did manage to do some papercrafting yesterday (I am making cards for family and also for an NSPCC sale), but my old body is not up to dragging up the stairs to take a photo of my desk, so my other work area (the sofa) will have to do!  I am still very addicted to needle felting.  I finished my first project, Darren the Daxie - and now I am working on a cute rabbit.

Here is the sofa before I sit on it -


(The fab Wool Buddies book - I highly recommend this.  Lots of projects and tips.   Tape measure, finger guard, felt pad ...)

Here is Darren -


(A bit fuzzy and wobbly - but so cute.)

Here is the start of my rabbit -

 
I hope that everyone is well.  I will be touring around a few blogs later.
 
Ali x

18 comments:

  1. Hi Ali, wow, they are so cute! Love them. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #21 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous little felted cuties!
    Thanks for sharing & happy WOYWW!
    Catherine aka catiecuddles
    #53

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute these critters are, I like Darren's name too. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful craft filled week.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe your felted critters are so cute! Happy crafting on the couch :) Shel-PaperOctilloStudio #42

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are great and your first puppy with always be your favorite. I have other hobbies too but my stain glass is up in our attic at the moment and my supplies fit in a wooden crate beside it all the rest of my artsy fartsy stuff as he likes to call it is tucked away at the moment
    hugs Nikki 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Darren! He looks a bit wobbly but that makes him cute. And the rabbit is coming along nicely. I like the bulging eyes.
    Thank you for stopping by earlier,
    God bless,
    Lisca#24

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I tell you about the needle felting our craft group did ? One lady said her felt dog looked like road kill haha.
    Thanks for popping by
    Lynn // 23

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're so cute! My daughter does "critter felting" and they are just the cutest little things!
    Hugs!

    -brenda lee #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Ali, just returning your visit, from my LizzieMade blog.
    Love the dashund, wobbles and all. He is sweet. The rabbit - now he's dynamite! ;-)
    Happy felting - don't wear your fingers out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I've been wanted to try felting! You've done such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your woolly friends and thanks for the visit, Angela x 34

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your creations! I have the needles and the wool, I just need to get over the fear of jabbing myself lol. I'll have to look for the book. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier in the day and for your kind words about my father. #44

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable is Darren!! and that bunny is looking super cute. Sofa is an official desk on woyww I also use my ironing table as a spill desk:)
    sandra de @3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little animals are so cute - I love Darren, he looks so cuddly! Thanks so much for stopping by my desk earlier, I hope you have a great week,
    Diana #63

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant needle felting, really cute.
    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla #13

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab felted pieces! They're adorable. I'm late visiting this week. Thanks for the earlier visit! Happy WOYWW! Nan G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x