Wednesday, 22 October 2014

WOYWW 281

What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday is nearly over, but I told myself that I would join in, so here I am.  Was meant to get in my craft room early this morning, but overslept (a very rare occurrence for me) and then we went out shopping for most of the day.  I bought a fab crafty item from T K Maxx, so I hope you will excuse my absence.

Here is my desk -

 
 
I started seriously making Xmas cards yesterday.  Finished the cute Yorkie design (the others in the pile are left over from last year - need inserts) and printed out a sheet of fab donkey/Jack Russell toppers to make some more.  You can see the 2015 diary/planner which I bought today, and the scrapbooking/journaling kit.  My collection of washi tape is stacked up at the back - any ideas on a cheap way of storing them?  The calendar is produced by a Facebook friend who has a gorgeous family of Chihuahuas.  If you are a fan of the breed, then let me know and I will give you her contact details.
 
If you have no idea of what WOYWW is, click on this link http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/.  All will be explained and you can join in with this weekly tour around the world's craft desks.  

In the next week I will be making more Xmas cards, birthday cards (why are so many people born in October and November?), actually dusting down my sewing machine and finishing a cushion that I started ages ago, and my craft room should be painted (just one wall, but still need to empty out a wardrobe that I store my CDs in).

One of my dogs has a part-time job now - helping out with training courses for people with learning difficulties/mental health problems etc - so I chauffeur him on those days - and I will be starting my new paid work, Internal Verifier for the same organisation.  Should be only a few days work every month, so I hope that my annoying body will allow me to earn the much-needed extra income. One of my ponies has been diagnosed with PPID, which means daily medication for life - approx. 80 pence per day. 

I will get this published now, promise to be back soon, and will then go and have a nosey around some more blogs. 

Ali x

12 comments:

  1. Your Christmas cards look great. I really need to start mine. Thanks for stopping by. #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yorkie Christmas card is adorable. I have a yorkie here with me. Her name is Grace. Thanks for sharing your card. April #70

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali! I always try to go in on Wednesday afternoons and visit the last one to link! You have a nice desk and kudos to you for not only getting Christmas cards going, but the wonderful work of your doggie! That's awesome. Sandy Leigh #57

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali, thanks for stopping by at mine. Sounds like you are going to be very busy, hope you can find time to craft. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 41

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness so much going on!! I love the idea of you chauffeuring the dog to work - sorry to hear about your pony. Thank you for the earlier visit, Cindy #63

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the visit! You have one busy desk! Sad to hear your pony is not well. I had a horse for 22 years but he is now gone 25 years. Hope you get all the Christmas cards made that you need!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #58

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what cute puppy Christmas cards! You have a lot going on, hope you will be able to finish your Christmas cards! Thanks for stopping by earlier. I guess we were both running late! #77

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are gorgeous, I love the geese on the paper. What a clever doggy you have to help other people. Such a shame about your pony, I hope it's nothing too serious.
    Have a great week.
    Von #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like it's as well you've started your Christmas cards, wish I had! good luck with the job, hope it goes well. Helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  10. You seem very busy, don't know how you manage to get so many cards created. looking forward to seeing the Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done for doing so many Christmas cards already. I love the doggie ones.
    Wishing you well with your new job.
    Sorry for being late commenting. I got as far as 68 yesterday. Today I hope to visit everybody.
    Thank you for letting me have a peep of your workspace.
    Have a good week
    Lisca#32

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think everyone is starting to get C organized, your desk looks very active and creative. UFO's we all have them, I want to try and get heaps done before Christmas, well we will see how that pans out. Hope you have a wonderful week. Oh and you are going to love having Flat Susan, she loves going out and about and having her picture taken.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda #8
    Belated WOYWW greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x