Wednesday, 21 May 2014

WOYWW 259

Happy Wednesday to everyone.  It is bright and sunny here, and I am finally dragging myself away from Facebook to get this typed.

If anyone needs further details on What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday, take a little trip over to Stamping Ground.

Most of my craft room is looking very messy and neglected.  Not much crafting has happened in the past week and I really need to spend some time sorting out the piles of magazines etc, etc. 

My photo shows the sewing part of my life currently.  My very first project - a simple bag - and a cushion cover that is almost finished.  I purchased an online course through Craftsy.com, and next I have to attempt a skirt!!!  I get very breathless at the thought - but the tutor insists that anyone can do it, so I will watch the videos over and over, and give it a go.  Wish me luck!


Thank you to those you sent me a message re. the sudden death of my friend last week.  Her funeral is today.  It was undetected heart disease that took her away from her family far too young.  She leaves young twin girls without their mum.  Has made me really think about living life to the full - and after thinking about it for ages, we are making steps to purchase a new van to convert into a camping vehicle.  It will be used for my hubby for his mountain biking events, and also we can enjoy trips away with the dogs.

Hope that everyone is well and happy.

Ali x

11 comments:

  1. Horrible shock Ali - am so sorry for your loss. It does rather help to focus on the important doesn't it. And I am firmly of the Craftsy school opinion - if you can sew a cushion cover, you can sew a skirt, no problem. And then you'll be breathless from accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you lost your friend Ali & i hope the funeral goes well today . Lovely material for your cushion . happy woyww jill #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sorry Ali, we never know what is round the corner so need to make every day count.
    Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 41

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on all your projects! And I am so sorry for your loss :^( patsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your friend - it seems so unfair, doesn't it? But something like that would make me think that we have to grasp life and live it large...I'm trying my best :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 21 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ali those small children, how sad, my heart goes out to them. I do hope you have fun with the travelling, life is to be lived, sad to think it takes something like this to remind us.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 26

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali - well done for having a go at a new skill - the bag looks great from here. Good idea about the van - enjoy each day as it comes. Hugs, Chris # 17

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your friend. It does make you re-evaluate & count your blessings doesn't it.
    Take good care & enjoy your new van Ali xx #6

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah dear Ali first of all thanks for popping over but how i pray for that young family soincredibly sad.. yes and for all who loved her. Pray indeed for all concerned for mercy and grace for them help in time of need from God above their heavenly father..
    Well done on the sewing.. mm must say long to get back into mine but needs must get on with other things at the moment trust the skirt will surprise you to launch out even further .. videos help lots never had that when I was learning but did have great mum, who sewed :D better huh?
    Shaz in Oz.x #14

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely fabrics. Just wondering what lady you contacted about the harp? Any joy? I got mine here - http://www.meucymru.co.uk/music/harps/folkharp.html Good job we don't need out feet for little harps - LOL. Thanks for the visit BJ#77

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so sorry to hear about your friend. Very sad. Love your sewing projects. You will do fabulous sewing a skirt! I sewed my first one at the age of 9 with lots of assistance from my instructor but after that sewing was a breeze and so much fun! You can do it! Thanks for visiting my blog for WOYWW! ~ Sandy *84

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x