Sunday, 25 May 2014

Stiff and sore

That little title of this blog post really describes how I feel most of the time.  I have Fibromyalgia and Hyper-Mobility Syndrome, and hip pain which has been diagnosed as Bursitis, but may well 'just' be a symptom of either/both of the first two!

I used to wake early every day, but in the past few months have been able to stay in bed until a more reasonable hour - until today, when I woke at 5 am as usual but the pain/stiffness was too much to bear and I have even taken a painkiller to make things more blurred and fuzzy.  Painkillers also used to be a regular part of every day, but since I changed my diet and started taking an assortment of supplements I am mainly coping with just one (or even none) per day.  Oh well, no one is counting, except for me!

This morning has been productive for me so far, sort of.  Yes, there has been time 'wasted' on Facebook - for some reason many of my 'friends' and family look down on Facebook.  Their lives are just too busy and full with 'real friends' to come down to my level.  A level where we live in an isolated location, where my day is full of pain/fatigue, where I have lived in over 20 different homes and, therefore, never really made the sort of friendships where I get invited to endless weddings, where I keep myself busy with my animals/housework/crafting/internet - and to tell you the truth, I have always been a sociable loner (I can chat for ever with people I want to chat to and I used to be the woman who was the first on the dance floor!) and would quite happily become a hermit.  Facebook - and my blogging friends - are good.  I can be nosy about other peoples' lives, but 'defriend' them if they share something horrible/have views that I cannot tolerate.  I laugh and cry, and all from the comfort of my own home.

I typed a letter to a new penfriend this morning - a lady on one of the Fibromyalgia Facebook groups.  I used to have lots of penfriends, and there are 2 more who are writing to me - so I look forward to receiving Happy Post.  If anyone would like to share 'snail mail', then just get in touch.

Most of my blog posts have been regarding crafting - or sharing the renovation of our farmhouse http://lowertancredston.blogspot.co.uk/ - and, therefore, there has been photos.

I will add a random photo so that you have something to look at apart from my early morning rambling.


Gorgeous bluebells in a local wood

I discovered a really interesting blog this morning.  Go and take a look - http://zenhabits.net/

Ali x

1 comment:

  1. It can be difficult being isolated through either illness or location. If connections/friends made via the Internet help you in your life then nobody should be sniffy about FB. It all has a purpouse, though I do worry about people who live all their lives in an online bubble and think that everything has to be reported in minute detail. Snippets of life are fine, too much personal information isn't so good. I hope tomorrow is a no pain killer day for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x