Wednesday, 2 April 2014

WOYWW 252

Good morning everyone, wherever you are in the world.  It is around 7 am here in Pembrokeshire - and raining.  The rain was not forecast until around 10 am, but when I went to bed last night I heard rain on the window - and there have been heavy showers all night.  Very annoying when I left the ponies out on an area that gets muddy quickly, thinking I had time to get them in this morning before the rain arrived!

For WOYWW-novices, please go to Julia's Stamping Ground for all the information you need.

This will be a quick post.  We have been away with the caravan since Sunday - and I have my first dog training session at lunchtime - and my Mum arrives for a visit tomorrow - so even more to do than usual (Ali - take a breath!).  I also have a long To Do List for crafting - but that will have to wait until Monday.

My photo this week shows my very first sewing project almost completed.  I did finish the handles, and then got on and made the external part of the bag.  That is pinned together, ready to get the lining sewed.  If I had a spare hour, then it would be finished today - perhaps later?!  BTW - do not adjust your screen settings, the fabric is really that bright!  It is a My Minds Eye kit - and after struggling to get to grips with the written instructions, I realised there was a link for videos.  So much easier to follow, and I am glad I have subscribed to an online tutorial course for my next 2 projects (an envelope cushion and a pencil skirt).  I will eventually do a separate blog post with further details - sorry to those who have asked about it.




Happy WOYWW to those I do not manage to visit this week.

Ali x

10 comments:

  1. what a fab bag the colour is awesome ...well done you for a first sewing project that's quite a challenge!...it looks perfect.it sound like you have a very busy week ahead ...enjoy crafty hugs Andrea #45

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of the bag are very bright and cheerful. I also do better when there is a video. Rain foretasted here in the Midwest US; better rain than snow! Happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous fabrics - I'd pick those too! Do take a look at Debbie Shore's blog..she has lots of really good and very straightforward tutorials.
    Hugs, LLJ 8 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brill for a first sewing project! Hope the rest of your week goes well, and when you find that extra hour/day we all need, pleeeeeeeeze let the rest of us know! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ali,

    It sounds like you'll be busy - and maybe even giving some ponies a bath? The fabrics for your sewing project are great! My sewing machine is slowly making it's way into my house - it's in the car from the storage unit as I type! Videos are much easier, especially after reading the directions. Please be sure to show us the finished project.

    Thank you for visiting me already! Happy belated WOYWW
    Kay (21)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it's coming along great with you. I like the bright fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your sewing projects - such bright and cheerful colors. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    April #41

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE the orange polkadot fabric paired the the bright stripes! That's my sort of colour combination - so happy and bright!! Sounds like you have a busy time ahead, enjoy!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Kate #62

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fab Ali, I wonder if you've had a chance to finish it by now. Aren't the fabrics just designed to make you cheer...I have them in scrapbook papers, the Oh La La range I think..lovely. Take it easy too gal, don't forget to be restored!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very late returning your visit, back home now, so easy internet access.
    Shame you don't like canal boats they are very restful.
    I love your bag, you will enjoy using it when it is finished, if you get the time in what seems to be a very busy life.
    Chris #60

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x