Wednesday, 26 February 2014

WOYWW 247 - I am back

I cannot remember whether I only missed one week of 'What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday' (see Stamping Ground for more details), but it seems like ages since I joined in with our favourite tour/snoop of crafty workspaces. 

Life has been full of attempting to sell excess craft stash from my over-full craft room.  A lot has gone (but there is still more, so get in touch if you would like anything - got lots of Kanban cardstock and topper sheets, a few stamps, a whole of box of Xmas stash etc, etc, etc!), but I am now just listing the bigger items on Ebay (Inkadinkado Stamping Gear packs at the moment) rather than wasting my valuable time on Facebook. 

My craft room is a lot clearer now and I can start to concentrate on cardmaking for family/friends/charity, getting my sewing machine in use again (joined a monthly club where they send me the materials for a project with instructions - go to http://www.seamstar.co.uk/craft_club.php), scrapbooking (I start a fortnightly workshop at a local craft shop on Friday), journaling, and continuing my quest to learn new craft techniques (at the moment that includes parchment craft, paper cutting and also got a magazine with quilling to try).  Busy, busy, busy!

Blogging has taken a back step, but I will try to do regular posts of what is going on in my life.  My health has improved 'sort of', with painkillers being taken rarely rather than several times per day.  However, my hip is the issue, flaring up if I try to do too much, which is not enough in my thoughts!  Very frustrating when the weather is improving and I want to be out training my pony, walking the dogs and getting on with jobs around the house/yard.  Oh well, at least I get to spend time in my craft room 'resting'. 

I will have a good read of other blogs later - another excuse to 'rest', but hope that everyone is well and happy.

My photos this week show a really cute origami dog card I attempted for the first time (you can get the download from https://www.printableheaven.com/) and also my little collection of crafty books.




The other big piece of crafty news is that I treated myself to an Ebosser (after my little Sizzix machine proved too small for a project yet again).  It is waiting patiently to be unpacked and a permanent home found for it where it will be convenient for me to use it.  I love new gadgets!

Ali x

13 comments:

  1. Lol Ali I love new gadgets too...I know that you will love the Ebosser, I don't have one but I know people that do and they love theirs! Your dog card is fantastic...so damn cute!! I love buying books on the art/craft that I love and have a nice little selection now and I enjoy with a big cup of tea looking through them :-). Happy WOYWW.
    Janene #22

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Illustrated Life booki s on our wishlist after reading it from the library. Here's hoping your health continues to improve. We're struggling at the moment. Must be the time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali, Glad your health is improving and i hope it continues. I too love gadgets and your origami dog card is fab.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back Ali, I am sure its frustrating not being able to do all the things you want, but embrace the rest, it's good for you :) I too love new gadgets. Love the card, he's very cute. Thanks for visiting me earlier. Cx #28

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali, Nearly commented on the wrong blog as your number had changed from 48 to 47:)

    Loving the little dog.

    Sounds like you are going to be busy with the various projects.

    Take care. Sue 58

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the embossed is a good idea for you.I would imagine that cranking the handle of a happy cut or cuttlebug would not be good for your arm/shoulders. love the origami dog, brings a nice fresh take to an older art form, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to do a clean up too, but no one will buy the junk I have!!! Cute dog!! I like the pattern you chose! patsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guessing an ebosser is like a Cuttlebug? I do like my Cuttlebug but if I see a Big Shot on sale I will be tempted to get one :)
    I like your origami dog - very cute!
    Thanks for stopping by earlier and for your kind comment,
    RosA # 18

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that is a cute pup :) The dimensions of the folding look really cool

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dog card is gorgeous. Everyone I know loves their eBosser, nothing like treating yourself to something special...Thanks for stopping by earlier, hope you have a great week and happy crafting.
    DeDe #13

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very adorable dog! I tried origami but it seemed nothing turned out like it should. Your little guy is is perfect for the card. I would love to get some of your crafting goodies but alas, shipping is simply too expensive. Glad your health allowed you to rejoining WOYWW; this was my first post. Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate it! Diane 111

    ReplyDelete
  12. After a disastrous week and weekend, I'm finally able to stick my head above water long enough to return your visit from last Wednesday. Glad to read your health is improving. That's worth celebrating.

    I've never even heard of an embosser, but I don't have many new gadgets. I like the origami dog. It's sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x