Wednesday, 29 January 2014

WOYWW 243

Well, I am here - but a little distracted (looking for cheap pony rugs on Ebay!).   Was absent last week, as we went away for a few days on Thursday and had the usual extra stuff to deal with before we escaped!  We didn't go far - stayed at a couple of hotels west of Cardiff, including Cowbridge (our first visit and loved it there).  One day was spent exploring the Cardiff shops (well, some of them, we mainly stayed inside the shopping centre) and a rare trip to the cinema (Wolf on Wall Street).  I was so proud that I managed to walk around a lot and cope with eating out, mainly without painkillers.

For anyone who does not know what WOYWW is (What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday), take a look at Julia's Stamping Ground.

Some crafting has occurred in my craft room, but not a lot.   After my husband's first grandchild was born early on Sunday (Lily, 8 lb), I had to rush to make a card when we returned from Cardiff on Sunday evening.  Yes, should have been organised and had one ready, but one of the new Bebunni CD-Roms saved the day and I made a super-cute card in record time.



This is my main desk this morning - all of the usual essentials (I keep saying I am going to clear my desk, but then I realise I love having all of this stuff in front of me!) and some printed/cut out extras for creating a few cards.





This week will see me getting Valentine cards finished, attempting some parchment craft for the first time and getting on with my journals.

Hope everyone is well and happy.

Ali x

14 comments:

  1. Now that is a very cute card and a lovely crafting space. Have a lovely week.
    Sandra @8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab! Lovely card too. Take care Zo xx 64

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ali, Congrats on the new addition, beautiful card, the image is so cute

    Jan S 89

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That is the cutest little card ever! I rarely make cards in advance of any event like babies, weddings, etc. So I can relate to the last minute dash. Happy WOYWW! Judy #96

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well good for you - snatching some time away and being fit enough to tackle the shops! Cowbridge is nice isn't it - when I was a rep for a craft company I used to visit a customer there. Sadly closed, ages ago. Aha - I like a tidy desk but I also like to be surrounded by stuff...so I get what you're saying - and I love your screensaver - makes me feel like I'm tripping!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! I really need to get on and make a card for my new niece/nephew who will be arriving in the near future. Just waiting for inspiration to strike...

    I want to see The Wolf of Wall Street - hope it was good!

    ~Elaine #86 www.quixoticcards.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great speedy card for a new bundle of joy! Congrats to them. Hope you enjoyed Cardiff - we've only been once on a visit to a rugby match but it was a great place. #46

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is simply lovely! I hope your trip away was wonderful

    Happy woyww and thanks for dropping by my desk.

    Zoe #55

    ReplyDelete
  9. A workspace, by its very nature, is inclined to have work on it! Imagine that? :D And that card … so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad to hear you had a holiday relatively pain free and got to do a few things you wanted to do. Do you think the paleo diet and vitamins are working? Love your workspace and that card is awesome. have a great week. Vickie aka Okienurse #111 thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you managed to get a few days away and you coped! Hopefully we are going for an overnighter on Monday but only doing what I can do!
    That card is beautiful, such a lovely pastel card.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me earlier, sorry I am so late - Neet 50

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card and congratulations on the new arrival!! I'm just the same as you, I like having my "stuff" all around me on my desk, my husband calls it clutter but I call it inspiration!!
    Kate #52 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a charming card you created in what you think was no time at all. For me, it would take about a day (grin). You have a fun work space. Not too cluttered, even coming from this neat freak. Happy belated WOYWW from # 1 and thanks for the earlier visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card, just the ticket. Thanks for the visit this week, sorry it has taken so long to reply, seem to have a pile of stuff to do but did finish the little felt house which was gratefully received today - phew BJ#72

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x