Wednesday, 4 December 2013

WOYWW 235

Stamping Ground - the one blog we all go to on a Wednesday.  Will give you more details about 'What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday' and a Mister Linky.

Today I have the news that I may have had the shortest running business ever!  I am no longer selling greeting cards etc.  I came to my senses and realised that I struggle to cope day-to-day anyway (as I struggle to get my fingers and brain to connect in order to type this post!), both physically and also time-wise.  I have so much in my little head that I want to do, and as I am lucky and do not NEED to earn money outside the home then I should take the opportunity to look after myself properly, and give myself time to pursue my interests.

I had already bought in craft stash stock (as I was also going to be selling that at the fairs/markets too), but that has given me the push to start selling on the internet again.  I will eventually get round to listing everything and pricing it up, and then I will let you know when you can start buying!  I have fab scrapbook papers, stamps, ribbon, topper sheets, card blanks, cardstock etc, etc. 

Therefore, I have managed to get some crafting done in the past 24 hours.  Well, one Xmas card and I also designed a label for an envelope.  Not a huge level of productivity, but it is a start.

My picture this weeks shows that card (made with my Silhouette Cameo), plus the designs that I have printed off on my laser printer ready to go through the trusty foiling machine.  A few people asked about that when I mentioned it recently.  It is a Letraset Hot-Foil Impressions.  You need to use either photocopied or laser printed images (which for me meant buying a cheap laser printer, but it is also brilliant for printing labels and other high quality mono prints, so my other printer can be saved for the colour printing).  It is very easy to use and the results are fantastic.


 
The rest of the mess is my Xyron Designrunner - proving very useful for
decorating envelopes.  Some spare designs off the Cameo.  Pink stapler.
Pile of notebooks/paper.  My new 'day' perfume (the bottle is pretty enough to sit in front of me!).
Basket of tape/glue/baby wipes etc.  Pots with scissors/pens etc.  Pink calculator.
Ribbon cut off a new item of clothing...................
 
 
Hope that everyone is ok as we get ever closer to Xmas.  I started to put the decorations up, but needed help with our new bigger tree, so only a few window stickers in the porch and the advent calendar are downstairs so far.  I wrote most of my cards out yesterday (stock left over from my business, so for the first time in years I used non-handmade!) and just have a few more pressies to purchase (going out shopping today or will be on the internet later).  Food is ordered for collection/delivery closer to the day, so perhaps I may actually get to relax a bit??
 
Happy WOYWW to everyone I do not manage to visit.
 
Ali x

10 comments:

  1. Sound like it's all go right now for you , but it's good to be one step ahead of the mad christmas rest. Happy woyww Jill #40

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're always getting our ambitions muddled up with our capabilities too. This condition is so frustrating isn't it?

    The bears@66

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I admire you for having the guts to go for it in the first place...but if it's too much, then wiser to admit it now than get in too deep. At least you can sell the stuff online...hope it all goes for you.
    You are wise doing your Christmas order now..I bet all the slots have gone around here. I shall have to check!
    Sending positive vibes and a big hug,
    LLJ 36 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are very busy and have got yourself very organised too. We ll done you.
    Famfa 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plaid your decision..look after yourself first, everything else happens as a result of you being well..if you don't need to do it, don't. it will also return your hobby to just that, a pressure free hobby. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting there with christmas! sounds like you have it all under control...almost lol. I'v had my decs down from the loft for a few days, but can't seem to find time to put them up! Happy WOYWW.
    Karen no.58 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous ..lovely to see all of your creative treasures..love the red card , very festive and striking envelopes too! Beautiful! Loving that pink calculator..how fabulous!!
    Happy Creating!
    Victoria #92

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to have a laser printer. I've wanted one forever, but the price wasn't conducive with my pocketbook. Sorry to read about your business, but I think you actually sound happy.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy WOYWW from #6.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes life gets in the way of our intentions so don't let it get to you....just enjoy doing what every you're doing. :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x #56

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you are taking care of your self!! sometimes we get so driven we loose the perspective of how important "we" are!! I am glad you are feeling the freedom to create while not having the burden of earning!! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Ginny #18

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x