Wednesday, 27 November 2013

WOYWW 234

Lets get the important bit over first - linking to Julia's blog (she invented this weekly addiction), Stamping Ground.  If you click on the link you can see more details and join in.

I am only showing a small part of my desk today, as I have actually not done any crafting - except for finishing off a birthday card for my niece.  I have started a new business, selling greeting cards/gift wrap/stationery gifts etc, and they are NOT handmade.  Sorry, I almost feel like I have betrayed my crafty friends - but I really needed to make some money and get out of the house, and this opportunity just seemed to leap out in front of me.  Already making new friends just from the other ladies doing the same thing in this area - and enjoying the challenge - but it is taking over my time whilst I get the paperwork/website/stock sorted - and most of my desks are covered in stuff I will not be showing you.  There will be a link to my website on my blog for those who are curious!




On my main 'deckchair' you can see my trusty notebook, which I write lots of lists in and projects to finish/birthdays etc.  In front of it are a fab ATC I received as a private trade through www.atcsforall.com (his name is Irving), a cute fox badge I bought at a Xmas Market on Saturday.  Not sure what I will do with the badge, but it was too wonderful not to buy!  On the little easel to the left is a glass owl tile, which I bought at another craft market in the summer.  To the right is Enid the momjii.  The funny ball-thingie is my fab computer mouse/tracker ball.  So much easier to use than a normal mouse.

I am thinking that now I will not be making cards, as it takes me so long to make just one, and also I have the choice of hundreds of designs in my brochures.  Any crafting time will be for scrapbooking and using my sewing machine - 2 activities I have been wanting to get on with for ages.

I promise to show you a more interesting deskshot next week!

Hope everyone is well and not panicking about less than a month to Xmas.  We know that it is on the 25th December, but each year we still are surprised!

Ali x

13 comments:

  1. That is really cute :) Love the little owl :)
    Uniflame - 61

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for starting up a business...it doesn't matter if it's handmade or not! Wishing you all success with the venture :-)
    HUgs, LLJ 25 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun atc you've received , Happy woyww jill #45.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we have to pare down what we do and figure out what is most important. I know I feel much better now that I have eliminated many things that are good, so I can focus stuff that's more important.

    Best wishes in your new endeavor!

    Happy Woyww and Happy Thanksgiving,

    Sandy #9

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you every success with your new business Sandy. Do whatever you need to do. I'm sure once you are up and running a handmade card will find its way on to your shelves. Thanks for stopping by.
    Lynda B #39

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for starting a new business. I hope it goes well for you. And of course something will have to go to make room for it, but I hope you still get pleasure from your scrapbooking. I like the look of your tracker ball by the way. I am always picking up little bits at markets and then wondering what I am going to do with them. I hope the little fox finds a home. Kate x #64

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. xx Jan (85)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super beautiful desk...wonderful inspirations..love that sweet owl...and everything looks gorgeous! Wishing you many blessings and success in all that you do!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new business is very exciting! And your desk looks exciting too!
    xxDaniella#73

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck in your new venture, it must be very exciting, Love the mouse and the colour,
    Thanks for visiting my blog
    Jan (79)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck on your new venture and thanks for visiting my desk already
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you do well in your new business. I juggle working and crafting time and crafting often takes a back seat.
    Bit late visiting this week, thank you for stopping by my blog.
    Karen #59

    ReplyDelete
  13. good luck with the business and i hope you get the time to do he things you enjoy thanks for visiting and your kind comments Andrea #29

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x