Wednesday, 6 November 2013

WOYWW 231

A quick post from me on this slightly grey November morning (yes, it is November - getting ever closer to December and meaning that crafters all over the world are panicking as, yet again, they have not kept to their plan of having the Xmas cards and gifts made well in advance!).

I actually got up late for me (7 am - yes, gasp, 7 am!!), which means that I am now in a bit of a rush to get the usual morning chores done in time for builder and building inspector to arrive at 10.30 am to 'inspect' the farmhouse and sign it off.  I should not even be at my computer typing this blog post, but, oh well, I like to live dangerously sometimes.

For those who do not know what WOYWW stands for and would like to perhaps join in when they do find out what it means - go over to Julia's blog, Stamping Ground, and click on the buttons at the top.

This week I am showing you 2 photos - one more general one of my main desk area, and another of my overflowing bin, which desperately needs emptying.  It isn't Rock & Roll, but it is my life, which is even more important.

Crafting this week has been particularly busy for me.  What with ATCs to make for swaps, starting to make cards for Craftsuprint again, birthday cards for family/friends (how rude of them to be born anywhere near Xmas!), digital scrapbooking challenges and occasionally managing to make an actual Xmas card, my little brain and hands are never sure of where to go next.  Oh well, it keeps me out of mischief and distracts me from my constant and ever-changing pain.

Happy WOYWW to everyone I do not manage to visit (which becomes less each week, as my snazzy new phone really helps me to keep up with blogging in the evening).

Ali x


 
My Silhouette Cameo has been busy again, and I have the usual
'extra' shapes cut out as I like to fill the whole sheet of card.
My ribbon box is out, as I needed some 'ribbon'.
 

 
Lovely purple bin - very full, but I do find that
I can just keep pushing more on top, which saves on
actually emptying it.

 

12 comments:

  1. Ha ha, we do that with the bin sometimes too, just leave it and pretend it's an artwork! Good luck with the farmhouse. X

    The bears #70

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I haven't read more then the first alinea yet, but it's SOOOO true! Last year, I was making christmas cards even AFTER christmas still... (I know, I know...) I said I'd start sooner this year, but we're planning on selling the apparment really soon so crafting is not happening often now. We still have to renovate a few bits (lots of paintwork!) (I think you can relate to not having time, with renovating a farmhouse!)
    I usually empty my bin when I am done crafting for the evening - my 1 year old daughter liks to turn it over.
    Thank you for sharing your desk!

    Debbie / Daqa # 57

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness you have been busy and nothing shows that more than an overflowing bin love the silhouette cut outs and I'm the same I wont waste any card so would rather do another extra something than not ..means im getting overrun with die cut bits that I will use ( mmm how many times do we say that !) hope the inspection goes well and the house is signed off have a good week Andrea #26

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have very awkward relatives with birthdays right on top of Xmas! Can't really blame my daughter's for that...I suppose I should take some of the blame!! Hugs. Pam#37

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one busy lady! Great trash bin... mine gets taken out frequently or I'd be in big trouble. Thanks for visiting and Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N # 75 & 76 (due to a boo-boo)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can I see a purple snowflake peeping out of the bin? should it be in there? Donna #42

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one really cool bin color but really does need emptying. Looks like you are in for a busy day, I hope all goes well with the building inspector.

    Thanks for sharing.and thanks for visiting me, was nice for you to pop in and say hi with your busy schedule.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 1

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best with your farmhouse! So exciting I imagine!! Thank you for visiting with all you have going on! Love the purple diecuts from your Silhouette! I don't have one, but these kinds of shapes make me wish I did! You are ahead of me, as I haven't started my Christmas cards yet. I am taking the Holiday bootcamp next week on Jennifer McGuire's online class. Hoping it jumpstarts me! Enjoy the week! Winnie#66

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photo of your bin! The 'pushing more stuff on top' made me giggle... I know it all too well! Happy woyww - on Thursday ;) - and a hug from (rainy) Holland, Marit #88

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the purple bin - hope that is all paper for recycling and not a mixture for landfill! I use old cereal boxes for my paper as I don't need to empty them, I just need to recycle the whole lot when it is full. BJ#108

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ali,

    I hope the barn was signed off on. How exciting - will you fill it with animals? I have always wanted a goat - not sure what it is about them though.....

    The flower with the heart middle is so cute - love it. Haven't started on Christmas cards yet - am going to use one of my photos instead of stamping so I feel as though I have plenty of time.....

    Thank you for visiting me already - especially with your busy schedule!
    Happy WOYWW
    peace, Kay (5)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing more satisfying than an overflowing bin! Happy WOYWW! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x