Wednesday, 16 October 2013

WOYWW 228

I apologise for my lack of blogging over the past few months - it seems that I only manage to get something typed on a Wednesday, and that is because I am a WOYWW Addict!!  Go to Julia's Stamping Ground to get more details and join in (basically we share details of our lives and workspaces each Wednesday).

I am late again this morning - truly horrendous weather here this morning meant that I had to get all of my waterproof gear on (and the dogs had their coats on!) and battle outside to sort out the yard animals.  Ponies are safely in their stables, cats and guinea pig fed, and dogs persuaded to spend a penny in the garden.  Of course, now that I am back in my craft room, the sun has come out and gales calmed down!!  My Exmoor Pony, Frayne, has a nasty hole in one of her feet (which involved vet having to sedate and nerve block her in order to dig it out).  She is now on antibiotics/painkiller, plus with a big purple/silver dressing on her foot until Thursday.  This means that our planned trip to the NEC in Birmingham for the big Motorhome/Caravan Show had to be cancelled (we were meant to be staying in a hotel for the night and enjoying a 'proper' Balti in Birmingham - which I remember fondly after living for 13 years in the area, and Welsh hubby was going to experience for the first time).  We went out for the afternoon yesterday instead and spent some time visiting motorhome dealers - and climbing in and out of countless vans looking for the right one for us.  We have a caravan at the moment, but I am nervous of towing now after a bad experience on a very windy motorway trip and we are downsizing our car, so a motorhome would be a more flexible way of enjoying trips away with the dogs.

Being late means that I am taking the safe option and using my old mobile phone to take photos of my craft room.  I have a fancy new Samsung Galaxy Note 3, which is wonderful, but haven't managed to take many photos with it yet.  Next week I promise that it will be in full use.

 
I will eventually finish my Dad's birthday card after several days of work,
plus various magazines/CD, cards, etc, etc
 
 
 
Only someone with a Silhouette Cameo would understand
why I have cheap mugs and clear glass baubles on my desk!
 
 
Happy WOYWW to everyone.  Ali x

21 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the pony Ali.. hope she's doing better... Finding a proper motorhome is not easy - it can take a long time to find one that fits just YOU and your needs/wants... good luck with that! Happy woyww and a hug from - also rainy - Holland Marit #92

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you had to cancel your trip to the NEC. Hope your pony is soon healed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame you had to cancel your trip, but I'm sure you'll find the right motorhome eventually. Hope your pony is getting better. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #29 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always late getting around desks, and Julia did open the link early! Sorry that your poor pony got a nasty hole in her foot, but sounds like you caught it before it got even worse. A motor home and travel that sounds wonderful...I am the most under traveled 53yr old I know, I tend to travel through my friends lol. From what I see your Dad's Birthday card looks great! I am hearing a lot about the Silhouette Cameo lately, so I think I will check it out.. April S #61 even made stamps with hers...I am impressed. Hope you have a great week and happy WOYWW.
    Janene #46

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope the pony recovers soon and sorry to hear you will miss your trip and balti intrigued by the cups and baubles but no doubt we will hopefully get to see the results hope the weather improves and you have good week ahead Andrea#65

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the visit and kind words. I've been keeping my eye on the Cameo..how do you like it? Can any design be cut with it or is it limited like the Cricut is?

    Joel, aka Barf Snoodlefart #125

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the visit and kind words. I've been keeping my eye on the Cameo..how do you like it? Can any design be cut with it or is it limited like the Cricut is?

    Joel, aka Barf Snoodlefart #125

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do hope the pony is better soon, and that you can get a trip away organised somewhere else.
    We got a motorhome earlier this year and are very pleased with it. It is quite ancient, 1996 but still good if thirsty.
    enjoy
    Chris #30

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your pony heals quickly! Thank you for the visit earlier! Have a great crafty week! :)
    Sharon #56

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor ol pony....:-(. I love horses and hate it when they're ill..it's the way their ears droop when they're sad. Hope she recovers pronto.
    Hope you get a motor home, Mr LLJ and I have always fancied one. The world will be your oyster if you do :-) All those travelling possibilities........lovely!!
    Thanks for the visit and the kind comments too,
    Hugs, LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a cameo so am intrigued as to what the cheap mugs and glass baubles are for??? BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our neighbour has a gorgeous litle motor home - they are always nipping off for little breaks in it! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your pony heals quickly! I had a horse many years ago and he was my best friend when I went through a divorce. Miss him even after 20 years gone. Hope you get a bunch of crafting done while you're home and you find the right motorhome! Happy belated WOYWW and thanks for visiting!
    Carol N #102

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor Pony! I hope he gets well soon. I am also wondering what your cups are for. I have a pazzles, so I am guessing you are working with vinal. The cards on your desk with the big eyes are so cute?!

    Enjoy your hunt for the moterhome, that can be so tiring, but worth the hunt!

    Thank you for your visit!

    Robin 117

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the pony is feeling better. We had lousy weather here too though probably not as bad as yours. Yay...get a motorhome, they're fantastic!! We wouldn't be without ours, love it to bits! Hugs. Pam#68

    ReplyDelete
  16. You made you weather so descriptive that I was right there in the wind and rain with you. Excuse me a moment while I towel off. I hope your pony is doing better. How sad to have a sore foot! It looks like you have quite a bit of things going on at your desk, including a little beverage party for you, yourself, and your Cameo. I don't have one so I don't know why it takes multiple mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Caravans can be a worry when it's windy - can understand why folk prefer motorhomes!
    Hope pony's foot soon heals...
    Thank you for leaving a lovely comment - been so busy with daughter preparing for school art trip in Italy (they're in Florence right now, Venice on Mon, home Thurs).
    So happy belated WOYWW and have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My sincere apologizes for such a late visit to your blog, thank you for visiting me and for the wishes. I am so sorry to hear of your trip being canceled due to the injury of your pet. They too are family :0) I hope you will be posting what you do with the mugs and baubles. Kim #107

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry to be a late visitor this week, internet problems...again!!!
    Anyway, what a lovely post when I eventually got here but so sorry to hear about your poor pony, I hope she is doing better now. At least the weather has improved!!
    Good luck with your motorhome hunt, I bet that's a great way of seeing our lovely country.
    Hugs Lisax #110

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello ALi thanks for stopping by, I'm late as usual :), the rain and wind is my kind of weather, I'm so sorry to hear about your pony, I had to scroll way back to get a look at him and he's beautiful and I think you live in one of the most beautiful place, with all the work on your farm I don't know how you have time to craft, I saw some beautiful cards and lovely scraping going on here, thanks for sharing your wonderful farm, hope your having a lovely weekend, even with the damp cool days.. It's nice and rainy in S Ontario too.. Dianne # 76

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there. Thanks for calling in. Sorry I am late.
    Poor pony!
    Now the baubles and cheap mugs has piqued my curiosity. I have a Silhouette but not a cameo one!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x