Wednesday, 9 October 2013

WOYWW 227

Whilst our host, Julia @ Stamping Ground is enjoying a sunshine holiday, we are still all busy sharing pictures of our workspaces and details about our lives.  Come and join in - we would love to meet you.

My photo today is of the first digital scrapbooking page I finished with Photoshop.  I will not stop using my first love, Serif Craft Artist 2 Professional MORE DETAILS, but I enjoy a new challenge and at the moment that challenge is Photoshop (and Lightroom, which works alongside it).  PS is certainly not as intuitive to use as Craft Artist, but it is getting easier as I progress through the various tutorials.



Other crafting - I have finally made a serious start on the Xmas cards - made 4 this weekend.  Got lots of birthday cards to do in the next 2 weeks as well.  My Silhouette Cameo has been busy, and now have some 'external vinyl' to have a go at customising mugs.  No chance of me getting bored!

In the rest of my life - my Jack Russell Terrier, Buzz, has had a nasty stomach problem (cue, me cleaning the kitchen constantly and washing many many loads of dog bedding!).  He seems to be recovering now - and being spoilt with boiled rice and chicken until his stomach has settled.  We have ordered our new car - more details will be revealed when we get it in December.  I will also be collecting my new phone - or 'phablet' - this week.  A big Samsung Note 3.  Perfect for blogging and designing on the move.

Hope that everyone is well and happy in their crafty worlds.

Happy WOYWW

Ali x

13 comments:

  1. Loving the LO.

    Hope Buzz is soon much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely LO. Hopefully Buzz will be better soon and you can rest a bit rather than constant cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I hope your dog is better soon! Thanks for visiting me! I love your layout too! Uniflame - 75

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the page you've made. I'm still getting to grips with Serif. It can do so much that I don't always know where to start! Hope Buzz is feeling much better. Hugs. Pam#37

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww poor Buzz, not nice when a pet is ill, cause they can't tell you what's the matter or how they feel, hope he's better soon. Very pretty LO, I've never done much with digital. I have some digi papers that I like to use and the occasional image too but that's about it. Do you know about the Bird's Cards site? She has LOADS of great free cut files (and papers, sentiments and digi images too). Hopefully you can find some free things to use there.

    Hugs
    Brenda 1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your layout, and yes I agree PS isn't user friendly at first glance but once you get the hang of it, it is great to use. I hope your pup is back to his old self soon. Have a great week! Danie #16

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really cute layout. I really need to start on my Christmas cards. happy crafting #4

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a fun LO, like the colours and patterns! Hope poor old Buzz gets better soon.....give him a tickle from me :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali
    wishing your little dog better real soon I have two dogs and I hate it if one of them is ill. Love your page layout and well done for trying a new programme I think a lot of us get stuck with what we know and miss out on what else is out there
    Happy WOYWW and wishing you a great week
    Ria #50

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive just been looking at Craft Artist 2 and it looks amazing. I havent done much digital scrapping but this is very tempting.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super LO, loved the way you have used the hexagons. The sewing would be easier if I didn't get carpal tunnel syndrome making my hand go numb so I have to shake it about a bit in between a lot!Thanks for the visit BJ#102

    ReplyDelete
  12. I finally got some time to go visiting and I'm glad I stopped by your blog. It encourages me to keep on trying with Photoshop. I tried to learn but it seems so complicated. You did a great job with your layout! I love it!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Hugs, peggy aplSEEDS @ 25

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ali,

    Very cool scrapbook page -- and you did it using Photoshop! Wow.
    I hope your pup recovers soon. I was going to recommend the diet of boiled chicken and rice and see that that's what you've been doing. Don't you wish he could bark a message to you?!?

    Happy belated WOYWW
    Peace, Kay (19)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x