Wednesday, 2 October 2013

WOYWW 226

It is mid-week again and still dark outside, plus raining/strong winds.  I am cosy in my craft room with my heat pad on my lap, definitely worse places to be!  I will be sharing a couple of photos of my workspace today, as it is What is On Your Workspace Wednesday - a fantastic way of being nosy (I used to work in an estate agents, and love any of the property/real life tv programmes - always had a fascination for how other people live).  Julia at her blog, Stamping Ground, has more details about this addictive weekly event.

Both me and hubby have been ill in the past week.  I have started the process of realising one of my lifelong dreams - to have a donkey for driving - went to see some last Tuesday up on a Welsh mountain, and it wasn't fun having the start of a nasty 'bug' whilst having to drive 75 miles each way and then walk up steep slopes to view the 'herds'.  Those donkeys were too expensive for me, but got a lovely fully-trained one to see next week hopefully (if I am able to cope with the journey upto Cheshire). 

I have done a fair bit of crafting (there was only one day when I was too ill to even lift a piece of paper!) - I have lots of birthdays in the coming month, plus of course the threat of Xmas is very much upon us.  I was intending to start yesterday and make at least one card per day, but then I spent all morning making a box to put my stepdaughters New Home card in (it was a fancy step design and wouldn't fit in an envie) and we went out in the afternoon to 'nearly' finalise the purchase of our new car (a Mercedes Benz A Class).  Going back on Friday to make the final choices of colour/interior, and then it should be with us in early December.

Happy WOYWW to everyone I do not manage to visit.


 
Three very gorgeous fabrics.  I was meant to be going on a Beginner
Sewing Machine course last weekend, but my health got in
the way yet again.  I bought these fabrics to make a bag and apron with, but
now they sit next to my sewing machine waiting for me to play with them.
 

 
The selection of designs cut out on my Silhouette Cameo are
increasing by the day (I also have a folder with some in - they
are given away regularly to people who make cards for charity, if
I haven't used them first).  I tend to fill the sheet of card/paper,
rather than then have scraps left over.  I haven't used the print
function very often, but have 2 on the pile - including the cute
snowmen (will make a fab quick card).

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been poorly, hope you are feeling better now.
    Love those pretty paper cut outs you have on your desk
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #59

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fab materials, I do hope that you'll be feeling better soon and able to play with them. Donkey driving.....I hope the new car isn't for them!!! I have visions of a donkey behind the wheel! My daughters had a go at carriage driving and loved it. Hugs. Pam#41

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric is so lovely. What a shame you had to miss a class, this condition often gets in the way but a bug on top makes it worse. Hope you're up to the trip to see your donkeys.

    The house of bears @#73

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been poorly. Hope you feel better soon. I like your idea of cutting sheets of designs on the Cameo rather than having scraps left over. I haven't used the print function at all on mine yet! :lol:

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my WOYWW entry. People do actually do digital ATCs, in fact I've done one myself - http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=281792

    If you have a look on ATCsForAll,com there is actually a whole gallery section for ATC prints and a lot of these are prints of digitally created ATCs. :)

    Ali #72

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that puppy fabric is lovely!! I'm sorry to hear you couldn't make it to the class, I hope you get the chance to go to another one soon - I can't wait to see what you create with that yummy doggy fabric!!
    Thanks for the visit!
    Kate #51

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't forget photos of the donkey you eventually get. i have a real soft spot for them. use to help out on a pony stud that had a couple.

    Sorry you and hubby haven't been well. hope you are much better and able to go and view the donkey in cheshire.

    Loving the fabrics.

    Also love the cut out designs.





    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow such gorgeous fabrics, looking forward to seeing what you end up making with them i would like to make an apron too so would be nice to see what pattern you choose Lx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you admit the extent of your nosiness. I too love to see how other people live. I insist our blinds be drawn tight every evening because doesn't EVERYBODY peek in open lit windows when they can? Surely it isn't just me! A new Mercedes and a possible new donkey all at once. My my! Your fabric choices are so fun and fabulous. I hope you stop feeling poorly soon. That's no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such exciting times with buying a donkey and a car! We just bought a new yellow car partly because I'm looking after the house in Newport, Pembs now so I will be going back and forth from Wales to England a lot more! Enjoy your fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you've been ill, I hope you are well on the mend now. Great desk you're sharing - good luck with getting the birthday cards and things done.. Helen 14

    ReplyDelete
  11. hop e you feel better soon sound s like you've not had a great week!. good luck wit the donkey search. and I hope you get to use your fabric soon they look fab. would love to have cameo its on my never ending wish list !the designs on show there look fab have a good week and hope you and hubby feel better soon andrea #38

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear I certainly hope you feel better this week, also your husband. Hope the car shopping goes well and wow I am so loving the fabric, gorgeous and all the cut outs wow they are awesome. Happy Late Woyww :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x