Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Patchwork Owl

I love owls and was forced to buy the 5th Birthday Edition of the Hunkydory magazine just to get the free gift of gorgeous owl toppers and coordinating card (I am sure that I am not the only crafter who understands that need!).   It is a good magazine anyway, but not my normal sort of purchase.

I created this card for my sister-in-law's birthday.  I already had the base card in my basket of Silhouette Cameo designs (I regularly cut out more than I need, so I have some samples/spares).  This was cut out on Centura Pearl and is gorgeous (if you would like some of these, then get in touch).  I layered the owl topper onto some of the card that came with it, and then designed an insert with Serif Craft Artist 2 Professional.


 


I enter this into -

Created With Love Challenge - #64, Anything Goes

Fitztown Challenge Blog - #12, Things with Wings

Make It Monday - #164, Always Anything Goes


Ali x
 

12 comments:

  1. Great card. Love it. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card & I totally understand the reasoning behind your purchase. I buy a specific BBQ rather pricey rub for the container it come in! Makes for a great altered art project. :) Thanks for joining us at Firztown Challenge Blog and good luck!

    Ema
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Birthday card,I love colors!
    Thank for joining us at Fitztown Challenge.
    Hope to see again next challenge:)
    Greetings Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty and looks so intricate! Very happy card and nice to see. i saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and design. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I'm sure your sis-in-law will love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at MIM.

    hugs,
    Rocio, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at Fitztown! Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs, Sande DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. Love the design of it all. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Fitztown this week. Hope to see you again soon. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love that edge detail!

    Thank you so much for joining us for our challenge "Things with wings" at

    FitzTown Challenge Blog
    .
    Good luck and hope to see you again for our next challenge.
    Hugs

    DS4J DT - Sharon







    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, that punched edge is fab! Spotted it on MIM xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x