Wednesday, 24 July 2013

WOYWW 216

What with moving house and my health being 'troublesome' it seems like ages since I last did my regular weekly post showing my workspace for Julia's WOYWW (What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday) at her fab blog, Stamping Ground.

We moved into the farmhouse (see the blog showing the renovation, which started in January - http://lowertancredston.blogspot.co.uk/) on Thursday and my craft room is very slowly taking shape.  At least I can now sit down at a desk and use the computer, and there is a printer set up.  I managed to design/print a card yesterday - and even found an envelope in one of the many boxes!

I need to get bookshelves outside the room on the landing, so then the many boxes of books (which have been in boxes for over 3 years at the other house, as I never had any shelves) can leave the room, which will make it a lot clearer as to what else I need to sort/store. 

Hopefully by next week I will have the room finished and the photo will be more interesting.



(We decided to put the 2 tables in an L-shape again, as that made better use of the long, narrow room.  I have 3 low windows in the room, so one is partially obscured, but there is still plenty of light.  Yes, that is baler twine tying the old wardrobe doors together for whilst we moved it back into the house from a shed on the yard - us farmers use baler twine for everything!)


Happy WOYWW to everyone.  Hope to visit as many workspaces as possible this week.

Ali x

23 comments:

  1. Glad you are in. I hope you get settled quickly and can enjoy it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all coming together now . Happy woyww jill #63

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking good so far, hope the move is not making you too painful.

    The bears @#90

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's all coming along nicely - can't wait to see your new craft room!!! My eyes are going green already! Happy WOYWW! ♥ Karen ♥ 92 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your first baler twine craft project!
    Karen #77

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your craft space is lovely and I'm sure you will have lots of fun setting it all up how you want it....something I'm looking forward to doing when we can get moved :-)
    Hugs,
    A x # 8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see your room coming together, it looks like it will be very peaceful! Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to your new home Ali!! Your craft area looks great! I am so sorry that your health has not been the best. Looking forward to seeing a photo of the completed craft room :-). Take care and have a great week, happy WOYWW. Thank you for visiting my blog earlier :-).
    Janene #69

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see you're finally getting your room sorted out Ali, take it easy on the rest of the house, no need to rush it and make yourself ill! Plenty of time. Off to peep at the other blog, I love seeing homes and renovations etc.

    Hugs
    Brenda 28

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Duper room, sloping ceilings are always more friendly. BJ#71

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those windows are quite low, but good thing you still get a lot of light. I don't like to work in dark spaces. Nice feeling being able to get unpacked and settled again. Brigita #95

    ReplyDelete
  12. it sounds like you are slowly getting there following the move and slowly things will find new homes even if they have to be moved a few times first.
    I look forward to what you start to turn out from your new crafting space
    Sending hugs on WOYWW and hope you have a great week
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your space is looking good. Happy crafting #11

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an exciting project and good to see craft room taking shape. Thanks for5 the visit, Cindy #36

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to your new home. It's all coming together - and looking good.
    Have a great week finding out all sorts in your new space.
    Margaret #32

    ReplyDelete
  16. For some strange reason I love angled roofs. Cant wait to see your area set up ready to play again
    Bridget #23

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great crafting space!! Looks like you are settling in very nicely!

    Enjoying my trip with WOYWW!

    Lynn #67

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a great new space and I am sure you will have fun organising things to how you want them as well as you will be rediscovering stash you had forgotten about. Will definitely be back to see it all set up! Happy WOYWW! Danie #72

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to have new crafting space and now the fun of setting up...enjoy and get back to crafting soon RobynO#113

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well happy new home Ali! I think it's amazing the amount of work that's been done in six months or so. Your new room is splendid, and I love that it's baler twine for you....for us it's sash cramps and a nail and hammer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great to see your new craft room coming together
    At last you are now moving in how wonderful
    Jackie 72

    ReplyDelete
  22. It must feel wonderful to be moving in. Love the look of the room you have for crafting. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #70 xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aaah so now you get to settle and sort and unpack and make it a home, lovely sized room you have nabbed there and the L shape tables are best for whizzing between!! Sorry I am so late visiting... things just got in the way this week! Annette #17

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x