Wednesday, 10 July 2013

WOYWW 214 - A New Date in History

Today will be the last time I type up my WOYWW post from this craft room.  We are moving into the farmhouse this weekend - and I am surrounded by boxes/bags/piles of 'stuff/stash'.  The car is parked by the front door ready for me to load up later - and when the builders have finished their day's work (especially as the painter is busy doing the stairs at the moment), I will drive the long distance (a few yards!!) over there and carry it all up to the new craft room (I may well regret having a craft room upstairs - it has been lovely being downstairs, close to the kitchen/dogs).  At least I have the guest shower room close by, so no stairs involved to get to the toilet!  (Go to the blog - http://lowertancredston.blogspot.co.uk/ - for more details on the farmhouse - from January when we started.)

WOYWW stands for 'What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday' and you can join in/snoop around the world at lots of other workspaces at Julia's Stamping Ground.

Obviously there is no crafting going on anywhere near my desks today - it was quite sad packing up my Silhouette Cameo.  I had to be organised and get cards ready for the post for the next 2 weeks.  Perhaps I can keep this new routine up??

I hope everyone in the UK is enjoying this wonderful weather.  I splashed out and bought a large fan from the Catalogue Shop - reduced to £10.  This is now standing in our bedroom and is very welcome when the room is getting too stuffy.  We had our usual nightly trip over to use the hot tub at the farmhouse, and shower after last night (it is like walking over to our own special spa!), and it was actually too warm with the usual temperature of 39 degrees. 

Well, I had better get on - Rich is out at a meeting today, so I am taking advantage of the house to myself.  Big pile of ironing to do, drinks fridge to empty and clean out (it is an integrated one in the kitchen here), car to pack up and then I will be cleaning my craft room (need to get the Bissell out to wash the carpet).  Don't think I will get much chance to sunbathe!

Happy WOYWW to everyone.

Ali x


 
Of course my computer and printer will be the last 2 things to be packed up!
 

 
Paddington (given to me when I was 5, so he is 37 years old!) rests on top of a pile of stuff.
 

 
My crafty tech safely packed up.
 

 
Most of these boxes have been in that corner since we moved here
in October 2009!  Mainly books, which I have not had shelves for.
I will have bookshelves on the landing outside my new craft room.
 
 
 
My new craft room - carpet freshly laid.
(One of the old wardrobes which I will be using
for storage until we can afford the fancy 'special craft storage'
I have been wishing for!)
 

 
View the other way towards the door.
 


9 comments:

  1. Ooooh !!! How exciting ... it's going to be FABULOUS in there. :-D
    I hope it all goes well for you

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE xx #93

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you and Paddington on your imminent move. Your new craft room looks very spacious.

    Waving hi from the bears @#77

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your move-I'm glad you are my WOYWW neighbor this week! the new space looks wonderful- Fill it up!!!
    Robyn 87

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you. Don't go doing too much and do yourself in hun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new space, good luck with the move. When we relocated to NYC in May, my craft room was the last thing to be packed....I love my new space and I'm sure you will too. I have taken lots of advice re: furnishing it and I am doing it slowly, so I can assess what I really like and want. Happy WOYWW. Cx #30

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move over to the new craft room it looks great
    Enjoy your hot tub evenings
    Jackie 15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your move and your beautiful new space, Ali!

    Thank you for stopping by this woyww, I appreciate your visit.
    :)trisha
    #26 this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, good luck with the move and congrats on the "new" craft space.
    Krisha #5

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to seeing your new craft room all set up. Good luck with the move. Am enjoying seeing the Farm house progress as you post pics on other blog. Take care Zo xx 65

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x