Wednesday, 1 May 2013

WOYWW 204

I cannot believe it is Wednesday already, and a new month!  Time is flying by and soon we will be moving into the farmhouse.  Take a look at the blog for regular updates - Lower Tancredston (ooh, got sidetracked there looking through the posts - so interesting to see the progress!).

Back to reason for this post.  WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday is the baby of Julia @ Stamping Ground.  You can go there for more details and a long list of desks to look at.

At this very moment my desks are looking a bit tidier after spending some time yesterday going through my 'In Tray' and actually doing something with the contents.  As you can see, there is still a large pile of magazines waiting for me to enter the competitions (I won another prize this month - but it turned out to be the same prize as I had the previous month with another magazine!  Oh well, lots more to go to the charity shop).  I am doing a lot more with my Silhouette Cameo at the moment.  May be something to do with the fact that there is a half price sale in their store until tomorrow, and I upgraded to their top monthly subscription (I pay £15 per month and get £200 to spend in the store) so have lots of money to spend.  Having a lot of fun filling up my design library.  It is such a wonderful machine and I am always saying that everyone should have one.  Why spend a fortune on Spellbinders etc, when I can cut out any shape, in any size.  The designs in the store are normally only 65p each anyway, with a freebie every week (and I have found other sources of free designs on the internet), and you can also do your own designs.  I am not much of a maths expert, but it doesn't make sense to fill your craft rooms with dies.

Have a fabulous crafty week and Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not manage to comment on.  I may actually get some more time on the pc this week, as my hip bursitis has flared up again and I am being forced to rest.  Typical, when the sunshine finally appears and I want to be getting on with training my pony for driving, and there is a caravan to clean out/housework etc, etc.  I am coming to the conclusion that I think that my riding days are over, so hoping to get a Saddlechariot as soon as possible - see some photos HERE.  It will be wonderful to be able to get out and about on 2 wheels.

Ali x



 
When I cut out a particular design on the Cameo, I always
fill up the paper/card with other random designs to put in my folder for
future use.  The caravans are actually one of my very few
physical stamps.  Again, I stamped a few out when making a notecard for
a swap - and they are coloured with my new pencils ready for
a future project.
 

 
The 3rd card was made by another crafter and sent to me as part of
a monthly swap on a Facebook group.  It is so pretty. 
The other cards are made with a mixture of digistamps, digikits and the Cameo.
 

19 comments:

  1. Wow, I like the look of a saddle chariot....I'd never heard of that before. It looks like a great way for you to still get out with your pony, hooray!
    You've made a fun selection of cards there!
    Hugs, LLJ 27 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great looking workspace and I love the cards. I don't have a Silhouette but own a Cricuit, Vagabond, and Big Shot Pro and like you say the dies are eating so much space. I am in too far to bail out at this point money wise but I am thinking about selling the Cricut and cartridges and going with the one Sizzix makes cause I can buy the same files for it. We'll see. Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing! Vickie #41

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the cards. Good luck with the Get Well card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh lots going on there! I have an old craft robo but still buy dies too..... oh well. Thanks for sharing. Sunshine Girl 31.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cards, and your very neat desk! Helen, 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like your cameo has been a fab purchase,maybe one day I'll get one.. hubby would need to be convinced and that takes time !. love the die cuts especially that cute polka dot dog and thanks for sharing your fab cards have a great week and happy cutting Andrea#73

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you are in production mode! I work entirely differently to you and would argue the toss against the cameo too, isn't it funny how different we all are! Loving the farmhouse pics, it's looking amazing and seems so fast to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like you have been busy. happy woyww jenx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali
    sorry to hear your hip has flaired up again I hope the while resting it means you can get a little extra crafting in. You sure are enjoying your toy it is great when you get something like that and it gives you hours of joy, love your cards
    Happy WOYWW #204 and enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your caravan stamp, it's so cute. I hope you can get back to your riding, it's so frustrating not to be able to do the things we love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to check the link as I wasn't sure what a Sadiechariot was, and boy does it look cool. Being in the city I know little of horses, but boy are they lovely. I am spotting your great camper images and love them. Such nice pieces your recieved!! Winnie#78

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ali,
    Creative space this week. Love the cards, all of them!!
    Krisha #36

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards, have a good week.
    Karen #52

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tidy and organised with cutting and stamping ahead excellent. Great cards. BJ#48

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute cards. Happy Wednesday! SueC#107

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG your cards are super cute!!! I just bought my first set of digi cuts from the silhouette store yay. I love your cut out doggie. Where do u find the free image of the day or week? I looked every where and gave up! I'm so glad to have found your blog. Happy WOYWW xoxo hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the homepage of the store, under the 'Sign Up Free' button. It is saying 'Free Shape of the Day' at the moment whilst the 50% off sale is still on (ends today). Normally there is a freebie every Tuesday. Enjoy shopping - there are so many wonderful designs. Ali x

      Delete
  17. Super cards!! I'm a bit late! Have a great crafty week!
    HaPpY WoYwW!?!
    (((Lyn))) #142

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards and a tidy desk.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x