Wednesday, 17 April 2013

WOYWW 202

I was tempted to 'do a Julia' and not post a photo this week.  As a digital crafter, and one who has been sorting out all the non-craft related stuff on her desk this week, there really isn't much of interest on my desk.    (Julia at her fab blog, Stamping Ground, hosts a weekly desk-hop.  Join in or just take a tour around the crafty world.)

However, here it is - taken this morning when it was still relatively dark outside.  I am in the process of finishing a birthday card for a friend.  I broke into my wonderful Anna Griffin Paper Weaving Kit to make the background - and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the 3D flower.  The big pink spotty box holds all my gems/brads/other embellies.  The latest Crafters Companion 'magazine' (which is actually a wonderfully bumper collection with stamps, CD-Rom, beads, papers, cardstock and embossing folder) awaits my further attention.  On top of that are the Anna Griffin Watercolour Markers (you see a collection developing - shame she doesn't do CD-Roms or digikits!), which arrived from QVC yesterday.  Gorgeous colours.


 
 
 
Happy WOYWW to everyone.  I didn't manage to get round as many desks as I wanted last week.  The farmhouse renovation is taking more of our time up - what with tiles/bathrooms/kitchen/wooden flooring/hot tub/blinds/carpets ........ to choose.  We should be moving in July, so it is not too far off, but at the moment I would be quite happy to say to the builder, "You choose everything"!
 
Go to the blog, http://lowertancredston.blogspot.co.uk, to see all the latest photos.
 
 
However, with my new tablet (a cheapie from Ideal World), I can do more blog commenting in the evenings and plan to visit a lot more of you this week.
 
 
Ali x

22 comments:

  1. love the background paper and that pretty die cut flower, those new pens look ace,enjoy using them.I hope the choosing for the house goes well it wont be long till July and so worth it when its complete keep your chin up, off to check out your other blog,im so nosey lol have a fab week Andrea#38

    ReplyDelete
  2. me thinks I need a tablet too...being tied to my desk is tedious! Can you imagine what you might get if you ask the builder to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh! what pretties! i love anna griffin's stuff - just got some bargain stamps from ebay :) lovely spring colours!
    have a happy WOYWW and a great week :)
    i overslept, so no 21 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like you won't have much time to craft.... have a great day. helen 12

    ReplyDelete
  5. S nice and tidy there but I'm really looking forward to your new craft room when you move!Won't be long!
    Hope the sun shines there soon!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the move in goes as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your desk is looking good to me love the papers and pens and I think it will take you more than one cup of coffee to go through the magazine and all that has come with it
    Have a great WOYWW today and enjoy the rest of your week
    Ria #40

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the woven design of the birthday card - thanks for visiting me already BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel for you having to answer all the questions regarding which colour, what style, where you want it put, which way and what height, yep been there and don't want to do it for a long time. Tablets are my saving grace, I love my ipad best thing I ever got. CAnt wait to see more shots of the farmhouse.

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza 46

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Anna Griffin goodies, I have never seen a weaving kit though. You have me curious! I have a lot of her paper and a few of her great stamps too. I love your yellow and green floral piece. Very lovely. I popped over to see your farmhouse and it is just awesome. Can't wait to see it completed!! Winnie#76

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is looking lovely. You must be so excited to be moving in to the farmhouse soon.

    Thanks for visiting the bears already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pens look scrummy.
    Karen #61

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anna Griffin is a weakness of mine, well, any pretty paper is.....LOL Stunning card.
    Krisha #114

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can imagine you are getting weary of making all those decisions re rooms now but you must carry on, think of the reward when you move. Hope you show it to us - room by room please.
    The new pens look super - how many now?
    Thanks for visiting me earlier - Hugs, Neet xx 5

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a neat and tidy space, do you want to come over for a visit and help me sort mine?
    happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #26

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the colours of the card you are working on on your crafting desk. Not long to the move now - I hope you are getting exactly the craft room you want in your new place (I don't think telling the builder to choose everything will get you a great craft room).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those markers and the card! I hope you have an easy move. I'm with Gwyneth about thinking don't let the builder choose everything lol. Thanks for visiting. #15

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm enjoying your farmhouse photos!! Love the Anna griffin markers on your Desk!Have a wonderful week, Thanks for sharing! Ginny #91

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my, I did not know anna griffen made watercolor pens!?! the collection of colors is beautiful, i love her products! Happy WOYWEW! Lindsay #88

    ReplyDelete
  20. That paper is gorgeous! I'm sure it will make a lovely card. And that magazine looks interesting, I've not seen it before.
    Thanks for visiting, happy late WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ali, those watercolour pens are gorgeous! I missed out on the paper weavingkit, and your card looks lovely

    Happy woyww

    Debs #75

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x