Wednesday, 27 March 2013

WOYWW 199

This cold March morning sees me at my desk in my craft room - with a heat pad on my lap - and my Silhouette Cameo singing to itself whilst it cuts out lots of designs on a 12 x 12 Core'dinations card sheet.  I wanted a particular design for a card, but usually then fill up the sheet with other designs, so I have a folder of ready-cut stuff for another day.

This is the Cameo working away.




.... and this is what I cut out


 
I am loving getting to know my Cameo.  So much it can do - and so many wonderful cutting designs out there.  I would recommend one to any crafter.  Yes, they may seem expensive to buy BUT you don't need to buy/collect all the Spellbinders and other dies.  You can cut out in any size, design your own shapes/words ......

Sorry, I have been rude and not told you what WOYWW stands for.  Well it is, What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday.  Julia and her blog, Stamping Ground, will explain more and provide the linky for your post, if you would like to join in with this addictive weekly tour of workspaces.

I have had a sort of busy crafting week.  Quite a few cards finished and put in the post.  I didn't get to the HobbyCrafts show at the NEC.  My hip has been hurting whilst driving, so didn't want to attempt a 4-5 hour drive each way - and then, of course, the weather didn't help.  No snow at all down here in Pembrokeshire - but I know it was a different story in Mid Wales and the West Midlands.  Hope everyone is ok.  It was shocking to see the pictures on the news last night of sheep being rescued from snow drifts.

I have also started to be involved in swapping again.  Used to do several per month with Swap-Bot, but stopped when life was getting too hectic.  However, I have missed getting 'happy mail', so just doing 2-3 per month now.  This month I have joined an International Penpal swap, a 'Small Candy' swap and a 'Horse ATC' swap.

Happy WOYWW to all those I do not manage to visit - or comment on.

Ali x

14 comments:

  1. Lovely to see some of what the Cameo is capable of... Sounds like you were wise not to make the journey - we've got about 8 inches of snow here in CZ - luckily it's a five minute walk to where we're working each day. I've missed a few, but happy to be back (and with my mother in tow this time!)... Happy WOYWW!
    Alison x
    #36

    ReplyDelete
  2. That machine looks good. Glad you are getting more swaps done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lot of fun with your Cameo, Ali!

    Hugs,
    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cut-outs. I'd probably have tizzy fits with an electronic cutter, dealing with the printer is bad enough! Glad you are enjoying yours though. BJ#67

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always fill a sheet with designs when we use the Cricut, then put them away and forget we have them, only to cut more the next time! Have fun with your Cameo, they really are amazing machines, alas we only just bought our Cricut so really should get some use out of that before buying any more machines!

    Hugs from the bears @#96 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cut outs, looks a great machine.
    I didn't make the NEC we sat in traffic for hours due to accidents and gave up in the end. Happy Easter WOYWW heather #86

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your hip gets better soon I am sure this weather is not helping I know it is playing havoc with my arthritis.
    You seem to be getting on really well with your cameo it must be great for working with lots of different shapes
    Wishing you a very Happy Easter and a great day today
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw good to hear you're up to some swapping - just in tome for WOYWW4!! Subtle hint, huh! Happy to hear that you're enjoying the Cameo, they are a gift so long as you use them. Ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cameo looks fabulous, love what you have cut out. Happy WOYWW Gill x #75

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely to see your Cameo creations :) Well done on getting cards in the post. My one from last week is still sitting on my desk - I haven't got an envelope big enough and not been able to get to the shops :(
    Happy WOYWW
    Karen T #153

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ali - we were snow free here in Carms too - thankfully ! Hoping it might warm up a tad this weekend as I have sister & nephews down to stay - and have to think how to keep them entertained ! We've done Manor Park, Folly Farm, St Fagans Pembroke castel et al in previous visits!!! Have a great Easter ! Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imagine how happy you are with the Cameo! So many pretty things you can make!!!
    Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one smart machine! Have fun learning about all of its features and enjoy visiting desks this week!
    Lisa #173

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ali, so sorry you didn't make it to the NEC. thanks to your kind giveaway of tickets, I went with a friend. Was very busy, but surprised at how many cutting dies were on offer, they were everywhere, and how little actual paper - still managed to spend some pennies :-)

    Hope your hip improves, and that the renovations are going well

    Happy woyww

    debs #90

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x