Wednesday, 20 March 2013

WOYWW 198

Confused?  WOYWW stands for 'What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday' and is located at The Stamping Ground, where you can add your post to the long list.  All you need is at least one photo of your workspace/projects.  Simple!

This week has been busy for me.  Lots of the usual animal care/housework/shopping/sorting out the Farmhouse/office work etc.  However, I have also been creating in my craft room.  I seem to have lots of birthday cards to do at the moment, plus swaps/challenges/Easter.

My new little Sizzix Texture Boutique has worked very well, and I am now officially collecting the smaller embossing folders again.  Bought myself 2 already on Ebay and, if I go to HobbyCrafts at the NEC tomorrow, you will see me rummaging around looking for more bargains.  Most people seem to have moved onto the larger format folders for the Grand Caliber/Ebosser etc, so I am hoping that the smaller folders will now be on sale. 

This is what I have embossed already - just waiting to be used in projects.


 
 
Regarding HobbyCrafts.  I selected 3 winners of tickets yesterday.  Anne, Debs and Shazronnie will all be enjoying a fab day out at the show.  Thank you for ICHF for the chance to give away tickets.  I plan to have more to give away for the show in November.
 
I had another crafty delivery this week.  This time from QVC, who are my favourite craft tv channel at the moment, due to their speedy delivery and the fact that they have Anna Griffin on!  I was lucky enough to get one of the Paper Weaving kits last week (everything was selling out so quick, she wasn't even getting time to properly show each product!).  I am desperate to open it up and have a play - but was good and sorted out some officework yesterday, as well as going for a short run with the dogs in the afternoon (will do a separate post about my health and my continued attempt to keep active).  Busy day again today - Rich is hoping to get away from the farm for a few hours, so we will be off to look at tiling/kitchens/bathrooms/wooden flooring AGAIN - as the builder wants to tile the main bathroom in 3 weeks time!  I am rushing to get this finished, as we have a meeting with him at 8 am to discuss radiators and the airing cupboard (my life just gets more glamorous!).   Our living room is literally covered in kitchen/bathroom/tiling brochures and house/lifestyle magazines.  I will definitely be glad when this part of our lives is over and we can settle down into some sort of routine.  For those who do not know what I am rattling on about.  We are renovating our old farmhouse - and the project can be seen on its own blog - Lower Tancredston
 
 
 
 
 
 
Enough for now.  Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not manage to visit.  I am still continuing to struggle with leaving comments, so it may appear that I am not visiting you - but in fact I managed to visit nearly all the blogs on the list last week!
 
Ali x
 


21 comments:

  1. Ali, I really must get my Cuttlebug out and get embossing.

    You enjoy your new stash.

    Hope you can get things sorted for the farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, how mean to tease us with the unopened box of Anna Griffin goodies!!!

    Thanks somuch for the NEC tickets, if they arrive today we will be there tomorrow!

    Happy WOYWW
    debs #85 ( I think!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab, I've got lots of embossed bits ready to use too! Anna Griffin is such a lovely lady and her designs are always winners! Enjoy desk hopping. Take care Zo xx 87

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embossed pieces look great! Good luck renovating/finding the right tiles/floor/stuff. Happy woyww, Marit #101

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone I’ve visited so far this morning seem to be getting deliveries of lovely new goodies from their postie and I’m feeling left out…..think I need some retail therapy, Lol!
    Loving your beautiful embossed cards.
    I’m going to having a sort out of the folders I no longer use fairly so and will putting them on ebay, so keep a look out for them.
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue @98
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Alison, my tickets just arrived :) Look forward to buying lots of stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great embossing, love your colors too. Glad to know about QVC they quit the crafting for a while so will check on that again. Life...so much to do and time just flies by, and I have to limit the computer or I get nothing done. Happy WOYWW and Enjoy all that you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't beat a bit of embossed card it really makes a plain piece of card into something really wonderful to work and play with. I hope you manage to get some bargains in your folders
    Wishing you a very Happy WOYWW
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Passing by as I am visiting all the entries ending in an 8.

    Lovely workspace - enjoy your new goodies

    K #78

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have loads of embossing folders and never get round to using them, we must get them out and have a play.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous embossing, looks fab x
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week Heather#133

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi ali. I must admit i have mostly moved on to larger embossing folders, so i can cover a base card without 'patching'. It must be exciting to see your new house emerging. Your builders seem to be getting on with it quite fast too. Happy Wednesday. Kate x #57

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty embossing folders. I love Anna Griffin products too.

    Linda #68

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little embossers look great size isn't everything and if you do move on to the bigger one you can still use the little ones. thanks for your comments earlier i hope you get some patchwork done soon, the best way is to 'just do it' start with simple squares in strips, it's greta fun and who knows what you will make
    janet #28

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Anna Griffin product as well lucky you to have a new delivery of bits from her
    Jackie 17

    ReplyDelete
  16. the embossing looks great, ive never bought any of those machines that die cut or emboss but they do sound good.

    Gill x #54

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I've been looking at the Texture Boutique that looks like it works well!

    Happy WOYWW!

    StampinBoots x #144

    ReplyDelete
  18. belated woyww wishes love the embossing and especially the pretty spring colours you've used my favourites are teh pink and yellow ones haven't dohe much embossing as still building my collection only got my die cutting machine for my birthday... my wish list grows daily !!I hope all the plans go well re redesigning and you get your house back in order soon have a great week Andrea#20

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your embossed pieces. Sounds very stressful with all the renovations, hope it all gets sorted soon and goes smoothly.. happy WOYWW Gill x #41

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great embossed piece. I like the distressed edges. April #138

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely embossed pieces, Ali. I have a strong preference for my Cuttlebug and therefore the smaller folders - I don't really like making big cards either. Hope you got the bargains you were looking for. You life sounds like a merry-go-round so I hope all the renovating goes to plan and things settle down for you soon. Enjoy the weekend. Elizabeth x #55

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x