Wednesday, 13 March 2013

WOYWW 197 & NEC Tickets

Another Wednesday is upon us - and many crafters from around the world will now be typing their little fingers off, trying to get higher up the list on our place of worship, that is Julia's Stamping Ground.  For those very few who do not know what I am talking about, basically we share pictures of our workspaces on a Wednesday, and then tour around making comments as we go.  Come and join in.

Firstly, I had some blog candy last week (Spellbinders Bird Flourishes dies).  As always, entry to the draw only required a comment - and there were 48 of those.  This was thrown into the Random.org pot and No. 37 was thrown out.  The lucky winner is Kaz at Donemark Crafts.  Congratulations, Kaz.  Can you get in touch with your snail mail address and the dies will be on their way to your craft room soon.

Now, here are my photos for this week.


 
I love it when a parcel arrives!
 
 
 
This was in it.  I sold my Cuttlebug last year, as I was struggling to use it.
Really want an Ebosser, but will have to wait for one of those.  I was missing
my embossing, so had a look on Ebay and found this bargain.  It is light and easy to use, just embosses, which is fine, as I now have my Silhouette Cameo for cutting out.
 
 
My 'techy' work area, which gets a lot of work now.  The card is from a lady
in Sweden - I was a member of a swap group on Facebook and received this recently.
 
 
Another part of my craft room, much tidied and emptied.
The chest of drawers contain my base cards, envelopes, plain & textured
card/paper, patterned papers and a few decoupage sheets/iris folding supplies.
On top you can see my Craftwork Cards Recipe Folder (a great buy from QVC),
buttons jar, various folders and boxes, piggy bank, cross stitched picture (that I did
for my Nan, and then came back to me when she died) .......
 
 
I hope everyone is having a good week - and Happy WOYWW to all those that I do not manage to visit.
 
Lots is going on at the Farmhouse Renovation project - take a look on the blog Farmhouse Blog
 
Finally - I have some more Blog Candy.  Two pairs of tickets for the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC.  This starts next Thursday, 21st March and runs until Sunday 24th March.  Therefore, I will be doing the draw on Monday 18th March, in order to post the tickets to the lucky winners in time.  Thank you to the organisers, ICHF, for kindly giving these tickets to me for blog candy.  As everyone who has been to one of these shows in the past will know, they are amazing events and even I make every effort to drive the 4-5 hours each way to attend!!  Not just for papercrafters, but also lots of sewing/cross stitching/knitting etc.  As always with my draws, just leave a comment (let me know if you do not want to enter) and perhaps I will be contacting you with good news on Monday!
 
Ali x
 
 
 




33 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new embossing toy! I really love all my craft room toys and would be hard pressed to do without one of them. A friend tells me I am addicted! Yes I am but in a good way! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, thank you so much for picking me as your winner last week have sent you a PM.Have fun with your new toy.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new toy! Hope someone loves the tickets - I won some for the show at Excel and can't make NEC, so don't include me. Helen 11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali, your embossing machine is a real beauty, I must admit I do struggle with my Cuttlebug too and would love to have a Silhouette - maybe one day! I would love to win tickets to the NEC, I have never been and would love to go. Thanks for the chance to win. Love your beautiful chest of drawers, a great way to store crafty goodies. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #23

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Lovely new machine to play with :) Have fun x
    Happy WOYWW Heather #46
    (No Thanks for ticket draw)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how could you have sold a Cuttlebug, I love mine to pieces and wouldn't part with it for the world! Nice to see you have the embossing boutique as the electronic cutters just don't do embossing do they? Please don't add me to the draw this time, the NEC is a bit far away and I'd have no one to go with anyways. Hugs and Happy WOYWW BJ#42

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will have fiun with your new machine. I would love to get an ebosser, but the price will have to come down first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you found a bargain with your new embosser and that you find this one easier to use is so wonderful. Don't you just love parcels with crafty goodness inside.
    Sandy :) #4

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new toy looks like fun, happy embossing. We spy one of Podgy's relatives on the desk there. No NEC ticket draw for us thank you but what great candy.

    Happy WOYWW from the bears with no idea what number we are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ali, those cute little texture boutiques are great if you only want to emboss - I had one sitting around gathering dust and passed it on to a lady who attends my classes and couldn't afford a Cuttlebug - she is now embossing everything in sight LOL! Latest material was the tear off foil tops from her margarine tub :-)

    Please count me in for the NEC tickets - it's a great day out, even if it's exhausting!

    happy WOYWW

    Debs #84

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you get lots of time to emboss and enjoy the show.
    Monica #84

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you have fun with your new toy :-)
    Hugs,
    A x # 44

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you will not be disappointed with your new toy because as embossing machines goes this one is very basic, but it does look pretty. I had one but had to move on from it very quickly as it would not do enough for me. What a lovely card that is that you got on the swap such a nice idea as well
    Happy WOYWW
    Ria 60

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that embosser and love it, even though I also have the Big Shots machine, I grab this one cause it is easier to lift into place. GDs love to play with the "Purse" too.
    Krisha #97

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see a lot of embossing happening now with that little beauty. I want an embossed as well, the vagabond is a bad machine it keeps die-ing. So now I am waiting for an ebosser

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't part with my Cuttlebug for the world, I love it. Isn't it funny how we are all different. I hope you get the eBosser soon.

    Happy WOYWW Susi #64

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab new toy, I have one but I was the other way round, I wanted to cut so bought a Cuttlebug and as it does both, my texture boutique is tucked away! My desk is bare today, went to footy last night so very little will be done today and a bare desk is a bit boring! Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh yes I love a parcel! That one looks great - well done on finding a bargain. Happy Wednesday. :o)
    Sue x (MiniOwner@109)
    PS I noticed a comment you made on the bears' blog about Christmas cards and wondered if you fancied joining us http://miniowner.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/beat-christmas-rush-february-25th.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ali,

    That's a mighty big parcel that you received. Have fun with your new embossing toy! I'll have to check out your Farmhouse Blog!

    Happy WOYWW
    Kay (108)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo New toy! Yeah for you. Looking forward to what you find at the show. Do NOT put me in the drawing. Although I'd love to attend, I think Missouri USA is a bit far to travel for a craft expo hehe. Not that I wouldn't LOVE to, mind you. hehe Kelly #126

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty new Sizzix machine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy WOYWW what a great new toy, have fun. See you have a Bamboo tablet too, aren't they fabulous. No thanks for the draw. Have a good day.. Gill x #50

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooohhh, have fun with your new toy! Happy WOYWW! Lindsay #117

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have tonnes of fun with your new toy!
    Ill health stops me from going to craft fairs so please don't include me in the draw
    Happy WOYWW
    Laura
    :)
    68

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a cool new toy! Have fun with it. Happy WOYWW! Nan #25

    ReplyDelete
  26. P.S. pass on the tickets.....a bit far for me to travel. :) across the rather large pond n all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow! lovely machine - I think a punch is about my cleverest machine!! but one day ..... one day ......... enjoy it, shall expect to see plenty of examples on next Wed WOYWW.
    Bishopsmate #104

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol I am jealous, I want a little machine like this to just use for embossing paper to use in art journaling. The bag look is so cute!! Have fun :-). Happy belated WOYWW.
    Janene #54

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE to see what is going on at your place and desk... enjoy the embossing! Oh, and better not put me in the drawing, as I would not only have to drive awfull far but also cross the North Sea too... a bit too much for a visit to the show. Happy, belated, woyww. Marit #79

    ReplyDelete
  30. New toy - wow! It looks like a lot of fun and you must be so pleased! Keep up the good work! Lucy #24 x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh, winning would be lovely!
    I got a bigshot for Christmas so I am just getting into embossing possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your room. I so enjoy reading about your renovating as well. April #108

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x