Friday, 1 February 2013

My First Xmas Card of 2013!!

I was going to store my Xmas stash box away until the late summer, but then it was still sitting on the floor near my chair, and Hazel over at her challenge blog Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge kept tempting me with fun themes.

So, here I am - 1st February and made my first Xmas card.  Perhaps I should keep it quiet, as people think I am mad anyway.

The theme for this week is Nativity, so I raided my box and laid out all the relevant toppers (got loads of Hunkydory & Kanban kits bought over the  years, and use a bit from each every year - they seem to go on forever).  I could have made about 4 cards, but that really is too much at this time of day.

I selected a more modern design, found some papers to use as layers, and a piece of coordinating ribbon.  Nothing fancy, but lovely colours and the main image is really cute.


 
 
 
I also enter this into -
 
 
Christmas Stampin - #1, Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't put the Christmas stash away - and if making Christmas cards now makes you seem mad, what about me, I must be barking mad because I've made loads already. This is a lovely card (I recognise those circles - have them somewhere) - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon - don't pack that Christmas stuff away! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've put the link in for you for CHNC challenge extra for February x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Ali and a great result - you won't regret it come December :) Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved these modern images! Your card looks lovely! Thanks for joining us at craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby card.

    People won't think you are mad, when they are running round like headless chickens right before Christmas and you have your cards done:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a Christmas card making frenzy at the end of last year but think making them throughout the year is a great idea. Less stress later in the year. Love your card, the image is so cute and the non traditional colours are a refreshing change

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are ahead of me, Ali! Love how you used 2 images, one larger than the other and two pretty designer papers with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty christmas card creation
    Thanks for playing allong in our first challenge for this year
    Hope to see you back for next week challenge At CSAYL

    Hugs Debby xxx


    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for playing allong in the anything goes challenge At CSAYL
    I love the card you made for our first challenge
    I hope to see you back for next week challenge

    Hugs Debby xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Das ist eine wirklich schöne Karte.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CHristmas stamping all year long. Liebe Grüße.Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why put your Christmas stash away??!!! Keep making them all year long and then you'll be all done and ready to relax. : ) Your card is super cute! Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x