Sunday, 24 February 2013

My 3 Favourite Creations

As part of the DT Call for the Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog, I have to create a blog post showing my 3 favourite creations.  Difficult!  Especially as so many of my photos are still on my old computer.  It was quicker in the end to go through my blog posts and save my favourite pictures from there.

Well, here goes.

 
I really enjoy Iris Folding and don't do enough of it.

 
I loved this card.  The rooster image is fab, and all the tearing
is one of my favourite techniques.  I made the 'washi tape' myself - stamping
onto surgical tape.  The embossed card is gorgeous.  I do miss
embossing (note to self - must get another embossing machine).

 
This was the Xmas card I made for my mum.  The topper was
'vintaged' by wetting/inking the edges.  The strip of paper behind
(from a Hot Off the Press kit) and the date topper (a digistamp) really
made the card complete.
 
 
What would you choose if you had to select your 3 favourite creations?
 
The next part is for the current DT team @ Delicious Doodles to read - and decide whether they want a crazy Farmer's Wife to join them!
 
I am 42, have been crafting seriously since 1995 when I discovered cross stitching.  Papercrafting caught my eye (through magazines) in 2004.  I actually gave it up for a while (selling my stash to a lady who ran some craft shops - and later I went onto work for her) whilst being busy running an online cross stitch shop and 2 market stalls.  However, you couldn't keep me away for ever and now I am truly addicted.  I still cross stitch - just starting to work on my own designs - but digital crafting, in particular, has really taken over my life.  I love to blog (my personal blog has been running for just over a year - and just started a separate 'business' one - http://teddybobcrafts.blogspot.com) and enter challenges.
 
Delicious Doodles is one of my favourite source of digistamps.  I have a few in my collection waiting to be coloured in.
 
I have just joined the DT for Ladybug Crafts, which is a monthly commitment, and definitely would love to join your DT as well.
 
Ali x



6 comments:

  1. The cards you chose are all stunners, Ali! I can imagine how difficult it would be to pick just three. Good luck with the DT call. I hope you get picked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the Owl card.

    They'd be mad not to have you in their DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it works out for the DT Call, Ali! DD certainly has some pretty and interesting images! The designs you selected to feature are lovely, hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creations sweetie..

    Good luck in the DT call.

    Huggles,
    Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards, thanks entering our DT call and good luck
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore your Owl iris folding. I like Iris folding too but rarely do it either. Funny that isn't it? BJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x