Sunday, 6 January 2013

Birdie Heart Bookmark

As part of the RAK group I am a member of through Ebay (see details at the top of my blog if you would like to join in), we are holding a competition this month for an 'Anything Goes' themed bookmark.

There seems to be so many heart/love designs around at the moment, what with Valentines being next month, so I broke open the packet to the Inky Doodles stamp set I bought last year, Birdie Heart, and then designed my bookmark around some of the stamps.

I had a plain cut out shape from my Silhouette Cameo sitting on my desk, so cut another out using some gorgeous Studiolight card (which I bought at the NEC in November) to make the back of the bookmark.  I stamped the front using Picked Raspberry Distress Ink - the 'hessian' background (fab!), heart borders and bird.  The bird was coloured in with Spectrum Noir pens - BP1 and BP6, plus a Gelly Roll Pen (Silver Star) for a bit of bling.  I also inked the edges with the same inkpad.  A piece of gorgeous lace from stash (probably bought from the Ribbon Girl shop) was sandwiched between the 2 pieces of card - and there you have it - a pretty and more unusually shaped bookmark.

Ali x

I enter this into the following challenges -

Totally Gorjuss - #165, Anything Goes with Ribbon

Fun with Shapes and More - #125, A Different Cardshape (not square)

Lady Bug Crafts - #5, Anything but a Card

Lia Stampz - #32, Something New

Front of bookmark




















The back of the bookmark


6 comments:

  1. Love it! I need to get making mine... I'm waiting for an idea and energy to strike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice, but I hope no one from the group sees it if it is your entry;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I particularly like the ribbon idea because I don't like a chunky & bumpy bookmark for fear it will damage my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet bookmark!!! Great job!

    Have yourself a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby Bookmark, Great to see you at Totally Gorjuss this week, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love the colours and gorgeous lace

    Thank you for taking part in the Ladybug Crafts Challenge this month
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x